chapter -42- bonding time

Ian's POV

We sat there in each other's arms crying. She was crying because she had just relived the darkest time in her life and I was crying because it hurt me to know I wasn't there for her during that time.

Normally something like this would destroy a couple but for us, it only made us stronger.

As we both got our trapped emotions out we feel a comfortable silence until Lucy moved away to look at me.

"Hey, Lucy are you okay?do you need something?" considering the fact that she had been allocated a hospital room I still worried about her even when I was by her side.

"Ian please go check on grace" her eyes instantly began to light up when she mentioned graces name

"I will but I don't want to leave you alone"

"I'm going to be okay I just really don't want her to be scared and alone she is more important than me... Please go see your daughter." to me they were both as important however I knew right now we need the time to argues about these things

It warmed my heart to hear Lucy call grace my daughter. I had a daughter....

"Okay I'll go check on her but I'll come back later I love you."I stood up kissing the top of Lucy's head as I began making my way to see Gracie. Her room wasn't too far away so it was quite easy to find.

When I opened the door and she saw me here head instantly shot up and her eyes lit up just like Lucy's had seconds ago. It looked like she had been crying since the last time I had seen her.

"Nian" she cried as she saw me reaching her arms up.

"Hello baby everything is going to be okay I'm here now don't cry"I scooped her up into my arms as I comforted her rubbing small circles on her back trying to calm her. She wriggled out of my arms to look up at me and she had a confused pout on her little chubby face.

"Mamma?"I could see the longing in her sweet blue eyes as they were glazed in tears.

"Mamma is okay baby don't worry she will come see you when she can and I'm not going to leave you to okay?"

She nodded with a little smile before she lay her head back on my arm and I began to generally rock my body with her in my arms. I could feel her relax in my arms as her eyes closed and she fell asleep. I lay her down on the bed and I lay down next to her.

I watched her sleep as I stroked her hair gently. She was so beautiful and it still shocked me to know she was my daughter, my blood and my little miracle. I was so thankful for her because she kept Lucy going. Without her, I could have lost the  love of my life and now I have her too

I always wanted to have children and every part of me always hoped I would start my family with Lucy when we were both ready for it. That dream felt impossible for the last couple years however without knowing it I had a beautiful smart and loving daughter who looked as Beauty as her mother. She was a little replica of the thing I loved the most... Lucy

I stayed with her for another half hour to make sure she stayed asleep and then I made my way back to Lucy's room. She had a huge smile played on her face when I walked in and she was looking at her phone

"Hello beautiful it's nice to see you smiling again" she began to laugh lightly as she put the phone down for a moment and turned her attention to me

"How is she"

"She is doing amazing. She fell asleep in my arms... Lucy thank you so much for giving me such a beautiful and loving child. I can't believe we made her... Together"

"Yes we did, we made the most beautiful child I have ever known and she is perfect.She loves you she really does you make her happy and I know you are going to be such an amazing father I know you are."

I made my way to sit by Lucy as we exchanged a passionate kiss.

"So what made you so happy babe?"

"I was looking at all the pictures I have of grace on my phone from when she was little,I wish you could have been there but at least you are here now"

Lucy picked her phone back up and began to show me all the pictures she has of grace on her phone from the day she was born. There were also several Homevideos made by Lucy of grace hitting her milestones.

I got to see a video of the day she was born when she first opened her eyes, the day she started to walk all by her self and the video from her first birthday. Even though I had missed the begging of her life and I had only met her a couple the weeks ago now I felt like she was always there my life.

"She was such a cute baby and she still is, thank you for raising her so well you are a wonderful mother and I wouldn't want anyone else to raise my baby."

"Ian she's your daughter too you helped make that pretty little bundle of joy. She is so much like you it's breathtaking. She gets her personally from you and her charm too"Lucy winked at me before we laid back and enjoyed the rest of the evenings as we too fell asleep in the hospital bed together.

Ommmmgggg they are such a cute couple and honestly I think their family will be amazing I love this soooooo much and I am so happy that I get to write these happy cute chapters.please vote and comment.

thank you for reading Torielanna