Chapter -36- the truth?

Lucy's Pov

Ian had followed me...The one thing I thought he wouldn't do, but he did.He had just seen me hit rock bottom and I felt such a relief that this time I wasn't alone...I had him, I always did, but I just never realised that until today.

Maybe if I had told Him the truth two years ago we would still be together looking at the way he bonded and cares for Grace, He would have been an amazing father to her and my life would have been so much easier then.

He's known grace for less than a week yet he's willing to do anything he can to save my little miracle, my angel, my gift.

I fell backwards, crashing into Ian's body as we both reached the floor, him resting against the wall and me against his body.

"Lucy I'm here for you no matter what but I need to know what's wrong "this was the moment where I had to tell the truth. I played my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes composing myself for the truth

"Two years ago when you found me....broken...."this was so hard to say. Through this time I planned on how I would tell everyone what happened if I ever got the chance. today was my chance but the words were not forming

"Lucy it's okay if you're not ready I understand and I will wait"

"No Ian it's not okay, you deserve the truth, you deserved to know the truth two years ago, I shouldn't have walked out on you" I was crying now hiding my face into Ian's chest as he stroked my hair trying to calm me.

"Luc please listen to me, I'm not mad at you and I never was...yes I was upset at first however if that was the choice you made then I respected your decision. that is the past...let's focus on today so we don't make any more mistakes so that we don't have to suffer again"

"Ian I wish I had told you the truth when it all happened....but I didn't"

"Shhh Lucy, please look at me"I didn't so he turned my face with his index finger "please stop crying, everything will get better, I'm here now and I don't plan on leaving...also you're too beautiful to cry luc,you're strong and you'll get through this.when your ready to tell me I will listen but right now please focus on getting better"

Over the last year, i had to tell myself all these things but it was impossible to accept when I didn't believe in any of it. However this was different, Ian believed in every single word that he said. ....He still believed in me

"Luce... after I come out let me take you home, we will get your things and we will come back straight after....okay" Ian was right, there was nothing more we could do right now except wait and pray that Grace, my baby girl would be okay

"thank you"

We got up carefully and Ian put his arms on my shoulders looking straight into my eyes. He removed my hair which covered my face. His hand touched my skin sending a warm spark down my whole body.

"Lucy please let me take care of you" he was the same mani left behind, he had the same heart as before and I could sense his longing for me, the longing I held deep within me.

I checked myself in the bathroom mirror, rinsing my mouth with tap water and wiping the tears and makeup off my face. Ian just stood there looking at me with a reassuring smile as he fixed his shirt.

We took our seats in the waiting room and I lay on one of the chairs with my head on Ian's leg trying to rest. I hadn't slept for the last 36 hours and I was beginning to feel week again

"Mr Harding to room 3b...Mr Ian Harding, please go to room 3b"

It took over an hour for them to finally call his name and as soon as they did I got up as a weak sense of panic ran through my body

"Lucy do you want to come with me? I really don't want to leave you alone, I'm scared to do so." I nodded my head and held his hand pulling him towards the room, I had been there before.

The doctor worked very efficiently and I held Ian's Hand through the whole thing keeping a light conversation going to destruct both him and me.

"Okay, we're all done here. Graces operation will begin in a few hours right now her condition is stable. As for you sir, please be careful, you may feel dizzy and light headed for the next day or so as your body adjusts "

"Thank you, I'll try my best"

"Thank you, doctor, for everything, I'll make sure he's okay "there attention turned to me as a wide smile pressed on and face as his thumb ran over my knuckles.

"Make sure to take care of yourself first, I don't plan on seeing you till your next appointment in a few months...and I'm sure this lovely gentleman will help keep you out of trouble till then"

"Okay," Ian and I said this in unison as we got our things together and said our goodbyes to all the hospital staff who had helped us and grace before Ian drove us to my apartment

I opened the door to my apartment and we walked in, I could feel Ian's grip on my shoulder tightened as he stumbled against my body.Something was very wrong

"lu.....c" His voice was heavy and he was struggling to speak, unable to say my name. This was followed by a loud thud as he lost all this balance and crashed to the floor.

"IAN, NO DON'T YOU DARE DO THIS TO ME.....I NEED YOU"I fell to the floor with him and attempted to do anything I could be he wasn't responding.My tears began to pool around his body...I was all alone again.....

hmmm..I'm sorry I don't even know what's going on in this story hahaha.But I guess Lucy is getting ready to tell?Ian the truth and they are both starting to realise that they needed each other but will Lucy's secret destroy it all again?please vote and comment

also, thank you to everyone for all the support all of you are amazing

thank you for reading, Torielanna