Chapter- 34 - Running out of time

the line went silent and I could sense the tension in the air

"she's pregnant"Troian'ss voice was rough and shaky, every since Lucy had left no one ever spoke about her as the sadness it brought everyone that she never said goodbye was unbearable

"no, she's a mother...she has a child!"I shouted into the phone as I ended the call and threw my phone into the other seat.

how could we all have missed this...Lucy was my best friend, at times she was even more than that yet I didn't know she was pregnant or that she even had a child, a beautiful child who looked exactly like her, a well-behaved child.If things had turned out differently then that would be my child, but it isn't

the next few days on set were a lot calmer then I had anticipated.Lucy and I would talk on and off set and we were slowly beginning to become friends again.Whenever Grace was on set I would play with her and she had begun to like me.She would come over to me and we would play.

I was beginning to feel normal again, everything I had missed over these two years I was slowly getting back...Now I had, even more...grace was here too and seeing how happy she made lucy just made me love this little girl more.

I also chose not to ask any more questions about Lucy's past.Knowing her well she would tell me when she was ready and right now was just not the time.

It was Friday evening and we had finished shooting for the week so I had said my goodbyes and made my way to my dressing room to grab my things so I could go home.

As soon as I reached my door I heard an agonising screech which made my head spin and caused me to drop my things.

"Help!" The scream sent a shiver through my whole body. I knew that voice.... it was lucy, she needed help.My legs began to move instantly as I frantically ran down the series of corridors and hallways until the screams got louder and louder when I reached her dressing room.without any warning, i opened the door and saw Lucy

She was hunched on the floor on her knees with her head down low looking at Gracie who lay on the couch with her eyes closed.Lucy was gently shaking her body but she wouldn't wake up.

when I had burst through the door it banged loudly causing Lucy to jump and turn away from Gracie only for a moment before she resumed shaking her in an attempt to wake her up.

"Help me please....please"Lucy began sobbing even louder

" lucy whats wrong" I approached her taking Grace's little wrist into my hand.she was cold and pale and I couldn't feel her move...I couldn't even sense her pulse.The little girl who had been running and jumping around just a few hours ago was now cold and conscience.

"she won't wake up.Ian do something"Lucy pleaded with her water filled eyes as her head sank into her hands.

"were taking her to the hospital" Lucy looked up at me and got up as she grabbed her bags while I scooped Grace into my arms.she was so small and lifeless her whole body was limp and I began to worry.I hadn't known her for long but I felt like she had always been there.she was important to lucy and lucy was important to me, nothing could happen to her.

Lucy and I frantically rushed to my car.I placed Grace gently into the back seat and Lucy got in after her. I began to drive breaking the speed limit to the nearest hospital.It wasn't that far but time was everything and the quicker we got there the quicker we could get help.

At the hospital, Lucy got out with Grace in her arms as we entered the emergency department.Grace was instantly admitted and there was a panic spreading in the emergency room.

I felt like the doctors already know Lucy as she grabbed my hand and pulled me down the hallways as if she knew where she was heading.We entered a smaller waiting area outside of the children's ward where Lucy sat down in a chair and curled up into a small ball.

"hey lucy, she will be okay" I knelt in front of her comforting her as I moved her hair away from her face.

"no, she won't.Ian, i can't go through this again."

Horror filled me.I couldn't imagine lucy going through this by her self. I felt guilty that I hadn't known about this earlier but because if I did I  would have been there to help.Now the only thing I could do was support her.I sat in the seat next to her and pulled her body into my chest as I placed my hand around her shoulder.Lucy didn't resist she just snuggled deeper and kept crying.This was going to be a long night for the both of us and for Grace

The last time I felt this worried and lost was when Lucy disappeared, however, I would never let that happen again.Now we have to wait...

what is wrong with Grace?Will she be okay?Also, quick warning, if at any point in this story you see the name Ava I am sorry, originally I couldn't decide on a name for grace ..that is why I sometimes call her Gracie, but Ava was another name I really liked so If I forgot to change it I'm sorry.Please vote and comment and show some love

thank you for reading Torielanna