chapter 3 - the first crack

Ian's POV

when we all had finished eating I decided to drop Lucy off on my way home as she was very tired. After having said our goodbyes to everyone at the table we walked out of the restaurants, I placed my hand on Lucy's shoulder and slowly guided her to my car.I opened her car door and led her in. "thank you shimian" she said quietly after allowing a soft yawn to escape her lips.

when we had arrived at Lucy's apartment I noticed Lucy had fallen asleep so as to not wake her I scooped her up and carried her upstairs to her apartment. I opened the door with the extra set of keys she had given me and carried her into her bedroom.I gently removed her shoes and tucked the white cotton sheets around her as her quiet snores filled the room.

I stood in the doorway of her room admiring her curled up in her bed like a child, innocent and sweet. She looked so peaceful and it caused a large smile to fill my face knowing that Lucy, the girl I cared for and love was safe and happy even if she wasn't by my side.

I had never admitted my feelings for Lucy as she has a boyfriend who she is happy with and I never wanted to ruin the friendship we've built over these last few years. I also know she only sees me as a friend and I didn't want things to get awkward between us.As long as she is happy I am too.

When I finally left her apartment and locked the door behind me I received a text from Sofie my girlfriend "where the hell are you Ian and who are you with".I looked at my phone in disbelief and frustration.

Sofie and I have recently hit a bump in our relationship as I had seen her in the arms of another man, however, she keeps denying everything. Out of desperation, she chose to accuse me of cheating as I work long hours and she didn't trust me. Our relationship has caused me more pain than happiness and at that moment I decided it was time to end it before she truly hurts me

"I was on my way home but could we meet in the cafe instead" I texted her to which she replied with an "okay " seconds later.

Driving to the cafe I turned on the radio in an attempt to fill the silence. My hands had begun to sweat as I got closer to the cafe worrying about Sofie's reaction. She is the type of person to blow things out of proportion.

When I finally arrived at the cafe and got out of my car I took a moment to collect my thoughts inhaling the cold summer air. I walked through the large wooden doors of the cafe and saw Sofie sitting in the corner staring directly at me with her stone cold eyes and angered expression

"Hello Sofie," I said as I took my seat opposite her and was approached by a waiter who asked me for my order but I declined as I was planning on leaving soon.

"where the hell were you Ian "Sofie shouted causing the old aged man next to us to look at us in concern.

"I had dinner with the cast which I had informed you of this morning, but I think you weren't listening "I attempted to stay calm to prevent a public scandal but with Sofie's unpredictable behaviour that seemed unlikely.

"I wasn't listening "she shouted in disbelief "you're the one who ignores me working every single day with no time for your beloved girlfriend, "she smirked.Her emphasis on 'beloved' causing a shiver to pass through my body. Her words hurt however she knew that before we got together, she convinced me it wasn't a problem, but looking at her expression things have changed.

I shot her a warning look before I continued to speak in a calm collected tone "Sofie I can't do this anymore" I said as she let out a loud gasp before I stood up and began to walk out not looking back.

I heard her mumble something under her breath but I chose to ignore it as it would only anger me further.

Reaching my car I decided to go straight home to sleep as tomorrow I was expected at work early and without the sleep, I wouldn't last the whole day. Even though I know I did the correct thing letting go of Sofie, it always hurts to let go of someone you care about as you always hope that maybe one day they will change but there is always the chance they won't.

--------------------------

The next morning I was pulled out of my sleep by my alarm clock. I decided to take a quick shower and got dressed in a simple grey t-shirt with navy jeans before texting Lucy to check if she was ready to be picked up. 'hey goose are you ready to go grab some coffee before work' I pressed the send button before instantly receiving a reply. 'yes shimian that would be lovely'

Quickly scanning my apartment one last time I grabbed my keys and wallet before making my way downstairs to my car and heading to pick up Lucy. As soon as I reached her apartment I could see her beautiful smile. She was dressed in a simple sundress with flowers. She opened the car door and swiftly got in placing a kiss on my cheek causing me to look at her in surprise.

"thank you for bringing me home yesterday, "she said turning on the radio to fill the silence. We made our way to Starbucks placing our orders before making our way to set.

 chapter 3. I hope you all are enjoying this story.Thank you for reading. There may be spelling mistakes but I'm working on it 

torielanna