Chapter - 32 - starting fresh

I would like to thank EzriaLucianlover for helping me come up with some ideas for this story..... you're so good at this .thank you so much.

Lucy's Pov

Working in the Vancouver had given me a new focus in life. Now I was juggling my work life with my mother duties but of course, I wasn't complaining.The directors were understanding and allowed me to bring grace with me when I needed to. Sometimes Janelle would come to set to help out too which was a godsend.

Work for me had started last week, however, I still hadn't met the rest of the cast including the man who would play my partner on the show.I had begun shooting earlier as I had scenes by myself than everyone else slowly began arriving to set and today the all of the cast would gather for the first time.

After getting grace and myself dressed I made my way to work, today grace was spending the day on set with me and at lunchtime, Janelle had asked to take grace to the park to give me some time to focus on work. I dropped off my things in my dressing room before heading to hair and makeup. Today grace was extremal fidgety and didn't want to stay still so she was running all over the room.

"Grace please be careful your going to hurt yourself "grace stopped for a second, giggled, before continuing what she was doing....climbing on the chair.

"Grace....are you giving mommy a hard time," asked Lisa as she walked into the room looking at the clearly visible discomfort and worry on my face.Lisa was one of the directors and she adored grace like most people, whenever I had my hands full she offered to help

"Oooh Li-la " grace wobbled towards Lisa and the whole room burst out laughing. Lisa swooped grace ul and began playing.

"Hey, Luc I will take this little bundle of trouble with my so you can get ready.say by-by to momma Gracie-boo" when Lisa said trouble grace shook her head in disagreement but she seemed content as she played with the necklace Lisa had on.

"Ba-ba" grace giggled before they left.I shouted a quick thank you and resumed working on what I was doing

After hair and makeup, I shoot my first scene with the rest of the cast.I hadn't seen Gracie since this morning but Lisa assured me she was safe with one of the cast mates. I trusted the people here and I knew they would protect grace no matter what.

The scene was quite easy to shoot so after we were given a break I made my way to find grace as Janelle would soon be here to pick her up.I couldn't find we her anywhere however as I approached the main lounge area I could hear giggling. Instead of walking in I chose to see what was happening first.

She sat next to a man who was playing with her and making her laugh, I couldn't see his face because of the way he sat, however, he had a good aura around him

"hey Grace, your so adorable" he said as grace grinned at him putting one off her tiny fingers in her mouth. They sat on the couch together and were playing something.

I assumed he was making silly faces as Grace seems to be trying to mimic what he was doing and was making some weird faces of her own

"your a silly girl Gracie" his voice sounded so kinda and sweer as he tickle her stomach. "yes you are" she grinned and put her finger in her mouth again, she does that a lot . After a while of sucking on her finger she removed it and pokes his face and starts giggling

"oh you think that's funny, huh?" he too was laughing by now and his laugh sent warm shivers down my body. She was just staring at him as she continued to giggle. Her giggles had become one of my favourite sounds in the world.

The couch dipped beside them as another person approach them. "you have a cute daughter Ian" Josh said as my eyes widen.

He had just assumed that this man was her father....why?Also, he called him by his name and that was when everything clicked in me.

"she, uhmm, she isn't my daughter," he said awkwardly and scratch the back of his neck

"no she is mine," I said as I turn my head and walked into the room.as soon as I saw his face and he saw mine our bodies froze and we fell into a deep silence.

I hadn't seen him in over two years and now he was sat in front of me with my daughter next to him playing With his hand.He looked a mess, not like the man I remembered in my dreams and past.

The strangest part of this was that even though he was so distant, practically a stranger to me by now, I still felt his closeness and his warmth,this was a feeling I cherished in my dreams because ever since I left I hadn't experienced such a connection with anyone, therefore, I relied on the memories I had of him...or what used to be him...This wasn't going to end well

Woohoo Lucian reunion finally how do you think Ian will react now that he has seen Lucy and met her daughter?honestly this chapter was really fun to write thank you to everyone especially for helping me write this. Please vote and comment.