Chapter -18 - The marks

Ian's Pov

We were sitting on the couch cuddling having chosen to watch Lucy's favourite black and white movie 'It Happened One Night '. halfway through the movie, we had finished the popcorn and Lucy had her hand placed on my knee and was cuddling on my side with my arm around her shoulder.

She slowly turned to face me beaming. my hand fell from her shoulder and she placed a long tender kiss on my lips. I instantly accepted it and returned her kiss as she tangled her hand into me curly hair placing her other one on the back of my neck. She slowly tugged on my neck pulling me down on top of her.

As we made out my hand was firmly placed on her hip. When my hand slipped under her shirt I traced the outline of her hip bone with my index finger. Our lips were locked for the whole time.Lucy looked so perfect and beautiful.

Then suddenly my hand stopped moving.

My hand was no longer placed on her smooth, delicate skin instead my finger was running along a thin line indented into her skin. It was rough and harsh and swollen, very swollen.

I suddenly stopped kissing Lucy pulling away as I lifted my body causing Lucy to crook head to the side and look at me in confusion. I sat on my knees between Lucy's as I slowly raised the left side of her shirt to expose her right hip.

My eyes caught the small red mark where I had placed my hand.I outlined the mark with my index finger. It is then that I realized there were more of these tiny lines stretching up Lucy's right hip. My heart sank as I lifted her shirt further and my hand was shaking as I traced every single line, worrying that I would hurt Lucy. I saw 14 thin lines. Some were newer and others were older, already healed.

These marks weren't there before when Lucy had shown me the damage Anthony had done to her body. They were new, they were fresh.

when I took my eyes away from the mark I could see all the love and passion was gone from Lucy's face it had been replaced with horror and dread fearing for the worst.I could see her hazel eyes were glazed with tears and I was left there fearing the worst.

Lucy's Pov

when Ian had pulled away I didn't understand what had happened but his expression had changed rapidly. He was no longer happy instead Ian looked scared and frightened. When he sat up after pulling away from our kiss he lifted my shirt, it is then that everything came flooding back.

the marks

Ian took his hand and gently traced every single mark that had been created, he kept looking back at me to make sure he didn't hurt the marks didn't physically hurt they hurt mentally. I felt guilty for having them even though I felt in control when I made them. To most they seemed insignificant, to me they showed my control over my life and body but to Ian, they showed how broken I was.

Whenever I had a nightmare I would leave the bedroom and go to the bathroom. The first time I created one small line. the next time I created another. It became a bad habit but it helped numb the emotional pain replacing it with the physical. the physical was much easier to handle.

"Lucy what is this," he said gently running his index finger across the newest line running along my right hip bone

"It's nothing Ian"

It hurt me to see Ian worry. Everything had been going well today and I began to forget about my past, even though it still haunted me in my nightmares I was overcoming it. In Ian's arms I was beginning to relax and move on but now everything had changed. These small tiny mark had caught Ian's attention.

"Lucy please tell me who did this to you" Ian was upset and I felt guilty but I couldn't tell him. I wasn't ready. I didn't want to lose him now.

"No one Ian, no one did this to me "I began to tear up, why did Ian care so much.They no longer hurt and they never did. however, they showed how messed up I was on the inside, exposing all the damage on the inside which wouldn't heal, unlike the marks. To most, it looked as if I was hurting myself but I wasn't, I was trying to fix myself...but no one could understand me not even Ian.

"Lucy please, tell me the truth, I care about you ...and I'm worried. "Ian raised his voice trying to hold back the pain my lies was inflicting on him but his voice cracked.

"Ian nothing's wrong... no one is hurting me."I shouted with tears. It was the truth...the very twisted truth. Ian didn't need to know I was the one hurting myself it would hurt him even more than the lies I have told him.

Ian's Pov

It hurt that Lucy did not trust me enough to tell me. She was scared and I understood her but I wanted to help her in any way I could. I wanted to protect her from the person who was hurting her. I wanted to be there for Lucy when she hurt but she wouldn't let me in.

Currently, I didn't want to argue with her or pressure her into telling me but I felt like I was responsible. I didn't realize something was wrong and I could not protect her, it hurt to see her in so much pain.

I nodded my head before pulling her to my chest where I held her body snuggled against mine she was hurting and she needed me.

I whipped away her tears as she fell asleep in my arms. Knowing that she was currently with me and safely made me relax. I didn't want to let her go as I was scared. I was scared that my Lucy would get hurt again.

If only I knew who was hurting her...

So here is another chapter of Lucian-catch me if I fall ."It happened one night "is actually the movie Aria, Ezra saw in season 1 with Ella.It is ezrias favourite movie.I hoped you liked this chapter and please comment and vote as all feedback is highly appreciated.

thank you torielanna

here is the video for she burns if you haven't seen it .the song is really good and Lucy looks amazing in it.when she cries it breaks my heart especially at the end when they ask if she is okay.