7

Paige

It takes me a few minutes to realize why he's here.

"Goodmorning Paige. Did you sleep
well? " he asks, running his hands through his dark brown hair and flashing me a smile.

Brian's hair is slightly darker than his hair. Okay, I think I should stop looking at his hair.

"Hello. Earth to Paige. Can I come in?" he asks waving his hands right in front of my face.

Geez. I should stop this.

"Um sorry, come in. I was just surprised. "

"Surprised again? Get used to seeing me, Paige. Because you'll be seeing me around for a while."

He means he'll be around because he's supplying drinks for us right?

He starts bringing the bottles of water inside the house. I wonder why he leaves his motorcycle outside the gate. I don't ask him, though. But I think I'd like it because, I'd hear the sound of the motor cycle and know he's here. Not that I'm craving his presence or anything like that.

He hands me a book and I start to sign, I realized the atmosphere is totally quiet. Why don't I know what to say to him?

"I guess you made up with the
boyfriend? " he asks, breaking the silence in the atmosphere.

"Umm yeah, I did. "

I realize he's chuckling a little.

"Do you, do you think that was stupid of me? " I blurt out and immediately I regret asking.

I know I'm not supposed to be bothered by what others think as long as it makes me happy. But I'm only human and there's a part of me that's still burning to know what others think.

Kyle drops the last set of bottled water and gives me a long stare which makes me avert my eyes away from him because I don't want to be staring at him too. The atmosphere is silent again. Awkward!

"You really love him don't you? " he asks.

Yeah. That's kinda obvious.

"Yeah, " I nod as I speak.

"Even though he makes you cry? "

I nod again, still waiting for his answer and hoping it won't be a negative one.

"I'm not really the best person to be asking love stuffs but no, I don't think you're stupid. You know Brian more than I do. You also know what you want and I'm assuming you know what you deserve too. You know what you deserve right? " he asks.

"I know what I want, " I reply quickly, a bit relieved that he doesn't think I'm stupid.

"I know you know what you want but do you know what you deserve? Because as much as this might hurt to hear, what we want is not always what we deserve."

What we want is not always what we deserve, what we want is not always what we deserve. No, I deserve Brian, he deserves me. He just made a mistake, we deserve each other. Besides, if you really love someone, you would forgive their mistakes right? No human is perfect, everyone makes mistakes.

"Are you in love with someone? " I ask.

The look on his face indicates that I probably asked that question in the wrong manner. I just wanted to know if he knows how it feels to be in love. I don't actually care if he's In love with anyone. It's none of my concern.

"I mean, have you ever been in love? " I rephrase my question.

He chuckles, "I know that's what you meant. I know that you want to know if I've ever felt the way you're feeling right now. "