14

Chapter Fourteen: Phone Call

___

Jungkook soon started feeling worried as he heard no news from the girl who just ran away. He felt bad for shouting at her. She ran away from him as he thought she'd come back in an instant after she had her time alone with herself. But she didn't, and there was still no news from her. He received no texts nor calls from the girl.

Jungkook took his time reflecting on his actions, and he felt more and more guilty as he thought back at her words. He didn't realize that she loved him, and he felt guilty for that. Well, not only that but also how he acted towards her, especially on this day. "I'm sorry, Y/n.." He apologized and apologized even though she couldn't hear her.

But then, his phone rang in a familiar tone, 'Did she finally decide to call me? Let me guess; she wants me to pick her up?' He glowed and beamed in happiness, thinking that it was finally the girl he had been worried about that was calling her. Without looking at the caller's ID, he answered. "Hello? Y/n, where are you!?" But to his dismay, a male's voice was heard through the phone speakers, "Hello, Is this Mr. Jeon Jungkook?"

Jungkook was once again worried as to why a man was calling him. He looked back to his phone to see the caller's ID, and it was, in fact, Y/n's number. 'Ugly Y/n <3'. Jungkook placed the phone back to his ear and answered, "Yes, I am.. Umm, who is this, and what seemed to be the problem?"

"Hello, we are calling from ***Seon Yeon Hospital. We assumed that this was Jeon Y/N's phone. I found your phone number through a piece of paper placed on her phone case and through her emergency contacts. I assumed you were a close friend or perhaps her husband, so I decided to call you to inform you about Y/n. This is Dr. Kim."

"Oh, Dr. Kim, good evening... What's seemed to be the problem with Y/n?" His voice shook in fear, afraid of what might be the cause of the call.

"Mr. Jeon, I am afraid to inform you that at 6:30 pm, a car driver and his family were involved in a car crash with Y/n. Apparently, the family was driving through an empty street, unbeknownst to the surroundings, but then Y/n suddenly ran in front of them and stood in the middle of the road with no reason as to why she would stand there causing a major car crash. The driver managed to avoid hitting Y/n by swerving left, but it caused his and his family's injuries. We still haven't heard any news about the driver, his wife, and his son, but we managed to save Y/n because her impact wasn't that severe. A passerby happened to be at the scene and is now being investigated for this situation." Doctor Kim calmly told the frantic boy about the news resulting in him yelling in shock, "WHAT?! Y-Y/n did what..."

"Please come here to ***Seon Yeon Hospital at room 420, Mr. Jeon.."

"Ok.." Jungkook mumbled, still flabbergasted at the news as the doctor hunged upon him. With no other thoughts, he drove off to the hospital without bidding his goodbye. He didn't want to make the same mistake, losing two girls on the same day.