Chapter 10

2 moons had passed since the 4 cats set out away from the river and Silverlight was starting to like Reed more. They both shared stories from their pasts and even hunted together. Silverlight watched the others fall asleep and she leapt up a large rock beside her and looked at the sky. Starclan, I hope we find the new territory soon. I'm worried for my clan, it's been 3 moons since I left them without any-cat knowing. She whispered as she dipped her head and stared at her paws, I just need to know Echoclan is safe. She stiffled a yawn and curled up on the rock and fell asleep.

She gazed ahead of her as her gaze fell onto a large mountain ahead of her. A whisper of someone sounded behind her, "The territories will be behind the mountain of the setting suns."

Silverlight blinked open her eyes and arched her back in a stretch. She watched the others get up below her and she leaped down beside them. "I know where we need to go.. The mountain of setting suns!"

"Oh that sounds amazing!" Pebblewish meowed, she flicked her white and brown tail over her paws and looked around, "Wait where is-"

"I'm over here." A meow that was muffled sounded. behind Silverlight. She turned her head and saw Reed half carrying half dragging a plump squirrel.

Firefang grunted in disapproval then turned his gaze towards Silverlight, "So, you think a 'Mountain of Setting Sun's is true? HAH! Sounds like a nursery-tale. Should of expected that from a childish-loner like you. I bet you shouldn't even be Echoclans deputy. Dawnstar must have bees in her brain if-"

"Ok I get it, you don't like me. But, I don't like you either but, Starclan sent us here for a reason and if Starclan said to go there then we go there." Silverlight said without annoyence in her mew.

"Whatever.." Firefang hissed as he marched back into the temporary camp which was a large juniper berry bush.

"Let's eat then we will continue. I presume that if we follow sun-sets we will be on the right trail!" Pebblewish meowed as she divided Reed's squirrel into 4-porportains.

"Alright." Silverlight meowed as she sat beside Reed and bent her head and began to eat her share of the squirrel. Starclan please let me of gotten your vision correct ! Silverlight thought as she finished her share and sat up and licked her muzzle.

Silverlight got up ounce everyone finished there share and took the rear as Firefang lead then through the forest and into some marshes. Silverlight watched Reed look back at her a few times which made her fur heat up and she thought to herself, Maybe he likes me? Ugh what am I thinking, it's against the warrior code to love a loner.

She sighed as they made there way through the marshes. She leapt over a small pond and accidently tripped into a ditch full of mud. She shook out her fur and felt teeth grab her scruff. She felt her paws touch the ground and looked up and met Reed's green eyes. "Are you ok?"

Ounce again her fur heated up but this time in embarrassment. "Yes just a bit lost in thought. Thank you though." She looked away and felt his gaze on her. He nodded and padded back towards where Pebblewish and Firefang padded off without them. How did I not notice that! Ok, I really need to stop thinking about him and focus on this journey. Silverlight thought to herself as she shook mud off her paws and raced after the others.

"So Silverlight, what did the mountain look like in your vision?" Pebblewish questioned as she kept pace with Firefang.

"Well it looked like a normal mountain although when the sunset behind it, it looked like the sun had a battle-scar." Silverlight answered ounce she caught up to the rest of the patrol. She flicked her tail as she saw Firefang frown at her.

"Ok, well I thinks it's ahead, shall we see if its right by staying here until the sun begins to set?" Pebblewish meowed, Silverlight peered over the Reedclan cat's shoulder and gazed at the mountain ahead of them.

Oh Starclan we got this close and yet so far. Please let Echoclan, Darkclan, and Reedclan be alright with loosing 1 warrior from each-clan ! She thought to herself as she meowed in agreement to Pebblewish. She padded towards a rock sitting under a maple-tree nearby and curled up and lay against it. She felt thick fur brush up against her and saw Reed lay beside her.

"You spoke of Starclan ounce, Yet you never told me who they were." He meowed as Pebblewish and Firefang ran off to go and hunt. Silverlight moved closer to the tree giving him more room then closed her eyes a picture of her ancestors appearing in her head.

"Starclan is the silver-pelt you look up at every-night. Each Star represents a Starclan warrior. Well the basic's of that is well, When a cat from a clan dies and they didn't do anything to bad they join Starclan, while the rest join the Dark forest." Silverlight responded as sleep approached her.

She was gazing down at her clan. Her eyes widened as she watched Darkclan attack Echoclan. Mossleaf was healing Feircetail with her herbs while Badgerstar had Dawnstar pinned to the ground slashing his fore-paws across her neck . "Starclan no! Starclan please don't punish them because I left!" She yowled as she watched Dawnstar leap away from his grip and slash her paws across his pelt. Darktail was fighting two Darkclan toms at ounce yet was bleeding badly from his shoulder.

"SILVERLIGHT!" A voice called "Silverlight wake up!" She blinked open her eyes and saw Reed staring down at her, "You were calling out to 'Starclan' and saying stuff like don't punish?" Reed meowed. He sat beside her and licked her ear in comfort.

"Thanks." She meowed as she heard paw-steps pad towards them. Firefang had 2 toads in his jaws while Pebblewish carried 3 mice. "Good hunting?" Silverlight questioned as she arose to her paws.

"Yeah! There will be enough for all of us before we head to the mountain." Pebblewish meowed ounce she dropped her mice.

Silverlight bent her head and grabbed a mouse and began to eat it. She watched Firefang and Reed eat the toads and Pebblewish eat the other two mice. Silverlight sat up and looked at the mountains ounce she finished her mouse. She twitched her whiskers in anxiety and excitement, Here it is... Oh Starclan let this be right ! Ounce they all finished eating, Silverlight led the way over some fallen rocks and guided them up the mountain, she felt pebbles move underneath her paws as she leaped onto a near-by rock. She balanced her-self before continuing up the mountain. Ounce they reached the top the sun set away from them but infront of them was what Starclan foretold, the new territories..