Chapter 7

2 sunrises passed since Silverlight lead the patrol through Darkclan and Reedclan territory. Today was the day Silverlight, Dawnstar, and Mossleaf would go the the 3-trees and speak to the other clans leader, medicine cat, and deputy about the dream Star-clan sent them. Silverlight stretched and padded out the warriors den and went to the fresh-kill pile. Mossleaf and Dawnstar were already there, they were lost in deep conversation. Dawnstar turned around and flicked her ears in acknoledgment at Silverlight. "Morning Dawnstar and Mossleaf." Silverlight meowed. She sat beside them and flicked her tail over her paws.

"Morning Silverlight, you better eat something because we leave at sun-high." Dawnstar meowed as she nibbled at the vole she had in her paws.

Silverlight nodded, "Alright Dawnstar," She got up and padded to the fresh-kill pile. She dipped her head and grabbed a small mouse from it. She padded back to Mossleaf and Dawnstar and sat down and took a bite from her mouse.

After they finnished Dawnstar rose to her paws and signaled them to follow her. Silverlight looked back at the clan and meowed, "Darktail your in charge again!" She then raced after Mossleaf and Dawnstar. She paused and glanced at the sky and mumbled,  "Hope we are right. We can only hope for your guidance Starclan."

She padded down a slope and followed the patrol to 3-trees. Badgerstar, Foxfire, and Brackentail were already there, Badgerstar padded out from between them and went to speak with Dawnstar.

The ferns rustled from behind them and Reedstar, Streamshadow, and Fernpool padded out of them. Fernpool padded away and sat next to Brackentail and Mossleaf. Silverlight looked up and saw Dawnstar wave her tail for them to begin the meeting.

"So Dawnstar, Badgerstar. Did you want me here to challenge me for territory?" Reedstar challenged, he fluffed up his red fur making him look twice as big.

"Of course not Reedstar. We all have plenty of territory as well as the moor. But, we are here to discuss the dream Mossleaf got from starclan." Dawnstar meowed, she waved her tail for Mossleaf to speak.

"1 cat from each of the 3 clans will together find something to help their clanmates. But before that happens, Silver, Pebble, and Fire must unite at 3-trees." Mossleaf meowed ounce she was finished she muttered something under her breath then looked up at the leaders.

Silverlight rose to her paws and meowed, "We believe that I'm the Silver. Reedstar do you have a cat with Pebble in their name? Badgerstar do you have a cat with fire in their name."

"Reedclan has Pebblewish." Reedstar meowed.

"We have a tom called Firefang." Badgerstar meowed after Reedstar.

"That settles it. Tomorrow at sunrise the 3 will meet here in this direct spot at 3-trees." Dawnstar finally meowed. She waved goodbye to the cats and waved her tail for the patrol to follow her. Silverlight glanced up at the sky and muttered, "Please lead us on the right track."

Silverlight followed Dawnstar back through Echoclan territory and into camp. She jumped onto a small stone and yowled, "Feircetail, Viperheart, and Emberlight!" She watched the two she-cats Viperheart and Emberlight come out of the warriors den while Feircetail glanced at Silverlight from his conversation with Mossleaf, he dipped his head to the medicine cat and padded towards them. "Come 'on, the Darkclan border hasn't been checked today." Silverlight meowed as she glanced at them, "Feircetail, you lead."

Feircetail dipped his head and muttered, "Sure.." He flicked his orange tail and disappeared in the camp-entrance with Viperheart at his heels. Silverlight waited for Emberlight to follow then padded with them, she glanced at the sky and sighed.

Silverlight followed them to the border and paused as the patrol found two she-cats by the border, they both looked at Feircetail with anger and something else gleaming in their eyes that Silverlight wasn't sure what it was.

"Thunderlight." Feicetail meowed to the yellow she-cat, "Why is Brightshadow out of Darkclan camp when she is expecting." Feircetail meowed calmly. There was a hint of sacredness in his voice but, by his eyes Silverlight could tell he was trying to hide it from his littermates who hated him. Silverlight remembered ounce hearing from him that Brightshadow almost dropped him in a river as a kit. Silverlight shook the thought away as Thunderlight replied to Feircetail.

"You have to understand Feircetail! Our medicine cat is in trouble and we need help!" Thunderlight begged.

Feircetail growled and unsheathed his claws, "Why does Darkclan need a medicine cat when their own apprentices drop kits into rivers and try to kill them!" He bunched his muscles as if ready to leap at Thunderlight his green eyes narrowed in silts.

"FEIRCETAIL!" Silverlight hissed as she blocked him with her tail from leaping at Thunderlight, "No blood needs to be spilled." Silverlight turned back to Thunderlight, "What's wrong with Brackentail?"

"She hasn't come out of her den for two days and Badgerstar won't let us go in to see why." Brightshadow responded for her litter-mate. Her green eyes gleamed with fear as she licked her white chest-fur in embarrassment, "Not even queens or apprentices when we get some."

Silverlight glanced at Feircetail, Emberlight, and Viperheart. She sighed and beckoned Emberlight closer with her tail, "Go fetch Mossleaf." She watched the Calico she-cat disappear into the brambles and looked back at the two she-cats, "I don't understand why he wouldn't want you in there."

A few minutes later Emberlight returned with Mossleaf hard on her heels. Mossleaf looked at Brightshadow and hissed, "YOU SHOULD BE IN YOUR DEN! IT'S AGAINST THE WARRIOR CODE FOR A EXPECTING SHE-CAT TO BE SO FAR AWAY FROM CAMP!" Mossleaf flicked her tail and muttered, "FIne i'll come but Silverlight.." She looked at her friend with wide green eyes with fear in her eyes, "Let me take on cat from your patrol to come with me? I don't know if they should be trusted.."

Silverlight dipped her head and signaled for Viperheart, "Go with Mossleaf." She added quickly to the Darkclan warriors, "If they aren't back by sun-down expect a large Echoclan patrol at your camp."

"They will be returned, thank you for your generosity." Brightshadow meowed as she lead Mossleaf and Viperheart through the dark marshes with Thunderlight following closely.

"THEY CAN'T BE TRUSTED AND YOU MADE OUR CLAN WEAKER!" Feircetail hissed at Silverlight ounce they left, "You really think they won't kill Mossleaf again with this time Viperheart!"

Silverlight flicked her tail silencing him, "I know what I'm doing, if they aren't back by sundown then we will attack." Feircetail sighed and nodded, "You two finish the patrol, I'll send Wolfshadow to help but, I need to head back to camp to talk to Dawnstar." She lied as she raced through the bushes. She looked at the sky and muttered, "Oh, Starclan let me prove Feircetail wrong on this one!"

Silverlight grabbed a vole off of the fresh-kill pile, it's been awhile since Mossleaf and Viperheart went with the two Darkclan cats and the sun was beginning to set. Silverlight looked at the entrance tunnel as Mossleaf and Viperheart raced through, Mossleaf dipped her head to Silverlight and whispered, "Brackentail is fine. She was just to busy sorting herbs and trying to cure Hailstorm."

Silverlight nodded, "That's good." Silverlight looked up at the sky and whispered, "Thank you Starclan for watching over them two."