Chapter 3

Half a moon has passed since the gathering and Reedclan's surprise. Silverlight flicked her tail and looked behind her from the fresh-kill pile as Dawnstar called the clan together for a meeting. Silverlight arose to her paws and stood in her spot beneath high-rock. She  flicked her tail-tip and watched her clan gather. Owlpaw sat beside Wolfshadow, Emberlight padded out of the warriors den with Darktail at his paws and they sat down next to Goldenstorm who was talking to Scarheart. Dawnstar waved her tail for silence then meowed, "Today we are here for one of my favorite days in clan life; The making of a warrior. Owlpaw step forward."

Owlpaw's eyes widened in fear as he stepped away from his mentor and crepped towards Dawnstar. Silverlight fought back a small purr of amusement as he sat infront of Highrock near Silverlight and looked up at Dawnstar.

"Owlpaw, do you promise to uphold the warriors code with the cost of your life?"

"I-I DO!" Owlpaw hesitated then lifted his head as if yowling to Starclan that he was ready.

"Then by the powers of starclan I grant you your warrior name. Owlpaw from this moment on you will be known as Owlwish for your Smarts and you're knowing of what sorrow feels like." Dawnstar muttered the last few words in almost a whisper, she then raised her head.

"Owlwish! Owlwish!" The clan cheered, Silverlight knew why Dawnstar whispered that part, When Owlwish was barely even 1 moon old his mother, Ambermoon died from an infection in her left paw. The clan felt bad for Owlwish and tried not to talk about her, although Silverlight knew what that felt like. She looked up at the sky, Slates blue warming eyes flash-backed into her head. She shook the thought away then looked at Owlwish and flicked her tail for him to come towards her.

"Yes Silverlight?" Owlwish meowed, his eyes glowed in the light with excitement.

"Tonight you will sit a vigle, also don't worry about getting up and doing patrols at dawn, you will be able to sleep till sun-high." Silverlight meowed. She watched the young tom dip his head in acknowledgment.

"Also, thanks for helping me not think to much about Ambermoon." Owlwish meowed, he looked up and met her eyes, "I guess we really are alike for loosing our mothers at such a young age." The tom meowed wisely. He flicked his gray tail and said again, "You were always like an older sister to me when I had no-one to look up to."

She flicked her tail around his ear then nodded, "Your welcome." She watched him spin around and pelt away towards Wolfshadow who was talking to Feircetail outside the warriors den. Silverlight spun around as she heard Mossleaf calling her name. Mossleaf beconed to her with her tail then dissapeard into the medicine den. Silverlight frowned and followed more slowly her eyes looked around the clearing as she padded inside. Mossleaf was watching her through clouded eyes, "There isn't just 3, Reed... Reed will save the clans from Fire who will destroy all."

Silverlight backed away as Mossleaf shook her head and looked at her with clear green eyes, "May I check your neck wound?" Mossleaf meowed as she got up and padded towards her. Mossleaf muttered something under her breath then meowed, "It seems like its healing fast. it'll just leave a scar."

"Ok good," Silverlight meowed as she got up and padded away, "What is going on? Who is Reed.. Reedstar? N-No it can't be.." Silverlight whispered to herself as she padded towards the warriors den and layed in her nest watching the night sky slip over the sunlight. Silverlight yawned and flicked her tail over her nose allowing sleep to wash over her.