CHAPTER 19

Coilled in my bed, I merely heard the knock on my door. My mind was flying, thoughts wandering inside my head bringing me to the brick of tears, or other times causing me to suffocate. The doorknob turned and a muscular guy in black clothes, nodded to someone behind him to come inside.

The petite blonde girl awkwardly waved, pacing silently inside the room, and the door locked behind her. Marilyn.

"Hello, Scarlett."

Lifting my head weakly, I managed to force a small smile. Her beautiful blue eyes and golden blonde hair would make anyone smile.

"Hello Marilyn."

Entwining her fingers before her lap she just stood there, staring at me with those big eyes, which were now glimmering in tears. "I heard about... you know..." She sighed, marching towards my bed and hopping next to me, wrapping her skinny arms around my waist. "Oh, Scarlett!"

Listening to her sobbing like that, made my heart break in even smaller fragments, my eyes once again flooded with tears. "I-It's okay, Marilyn..." I mumbled, caressing her hair.

Rubbing her tears away, she straightened her back, propping her jaw. "No, it isn't. But it will be! I promise, I-I..." She stattered, placing her palm over my hand. Then adding quietly "I have a plan."

Rolling my eyes, I allowed myself to slump down back on the bed.

"Scarlett!" She groaned, lying next to me. "It is going to work. I know it. We are going to get you out of here, and then you and Dylan leave and...-"

"No!" I snapped, her eyes widening, reflecting for a moment fear. "Marilyn, it won't! I don't want anyone else to get hurt."

"But darling" she said gently "you love him." I simply nodded, wiping away one small tear that escaped my right eye. "And, I guess, you know that you will never be free to love, if you stay here with him!"

I turned away, glaring outside the window. A thousand ideas swrivelling around my head. Escape. What a silly idea! To escape from Boss and run away with Dylan?! And what about the ones left behind. Boss would certainly use them in order to hurt us, even my hurting them!

"Scarlett, look at me." Marilyn whispered, placing her index finger on my chin. "You are a fighter! I-I might seem like a stupid blonde, like these cheerleaders we read about in books, yet I know it is going to work. I've worked out every detail!"

"And why should I do that Marilyn? I'm going to lose much more than win."

"Lose? No no no... you won't lose anything, I promise, will you just give me a chance to explain it to you?" She mumbled, fidgeting with her shirt, frustration plastered on her characteristics.

Sucking sharply some air in, I exhaled slowly, gazing at her. "Of course you can, which doesn't mean I say yes to the plan itself."

Giggling, she leaned closer to me, her voice slow and quiter that a whisper.

"It is all going to end where it started, on the ring!"