CHAPTER 17

My heart was pounding like crazy on my chest, limps trembling. He was so close. Too close for my liking; his head almost touching mine, his fingers envelopping my own, shut into tight fists, hands. And he leaned even closer, his lips momentarily brushing against mine, causing my body to freeze.

"She was a beautiful person." I suddenly whispered, pulling away. "It was a wonder how she even put up with Boss, and if able to believe it, he was quite kind as well back then. I guess she was effecting him, urging him to improve." I stooped my head, eyes focusing on my feet. "Just..." Just like you do with me! I wanted to yell to him, indulge and wrap my arms around him, feel his lips on mine, yet instead, I only said "It wasn't enough..."

"Scarlett..." He murmured softly, his fingers, gently moving some strands of red hair, behind my ear "You don't have to do this if you can't."

"No!" I shouted, only sounding like a cat whose tail has been stepped on. "No, no, no.. no. He was insane, and extremely jealous, because everyone loved her, while he was on the shadows, fighting with himself."

"Scarlett..."

I gasped for air, evoking the sight of her bruised and ripped from cuts body hanging from the tree, where she had built a tree house for us. "Do you understand now!? We didn't have the choice of crying -he made that clear. He wanted strong offsprings, heartless, cold... just like me."

Dylan hopped impossibly closer to me, caressing my cheek, his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes, filled with curiosity, wandering into mine, on a quest for something. "You are neither heartless, nor cold. You just need someone to teach you how to love, since you lost your tutor."

Once again, he leaned over me, licking his lips as he whispered in my ear "I am more than eager to teach you! Close your eyes." Despite my mind's warnings not to comply, I fluttered my eyes close, a small smile playing on my lips, as Dylan's thumbs wiped away the tears that had slipped down my face. I could feel his breath fanning against my skin as he placed one small kiss on my jawline, his lips leaving a pleasurable burn on my skin. His lips then moved to the small cavity inbetween my jawline and neck, filling it with another warm kiss.

Not able to fight it anymore, I snapped my eyes open and leaned closer, lustfully pressing my lips against his, tasting his beautiful skin. Grinning into the kiss, he pulled back for a moment, his eyes glued on mine, before kissing me back passionately.

My fingers trailed from up the back of his head, down his back, my nails playfully digging on his skin, over his shirt.

"Tiger cub,..." He smiled, slightly biting my down lip "...I think you are quite drunk!"

*****

Another violent throb caused my head to pound, as the black car took a swift turn. Pressing my fists on my temples I attempted to sit up, giving up half-way.

The hangover was horrible, worse than any I had before. I could hardly keep my eyes open, let alone move.

"Lie back down, please, tiger cub." Dylan's soft voice echoed from the driver's seat and the car turned on another corner, ignoring the red traffic light.

Peeking out the window, I realized we were heading to our house, an action completely foolish, since Boss might have someone spying on us. I mumbled an incomprehensible 'no', trying to warn Dylan, but he only ordered me to close my eyes and relax.

The lights on the house were turned on, a beacon that something was wrong; Charlie would never turn all of the lights on.

The car pulled in the driveway, and my heart shuttered into pieces.