CHAPTER 15

D-Dylan?" I stuttered, backing off unwittingly. "What are you doing here?"

Rolling his eyes, he grabbed my wrist, dragging me closer to him. The shovel slipped out of my grip, banging on the pavement; the cluttering ringing inside my head, causing it to throb in pain. "You know I live here."

"You don't..." He lives here? My eyes instantly wandered around, examining the snow-covered neighborhood. Oh, crap! He lives here! How in Hell did I end up roaming around his neighborhood?

"I-I..." I mouthed slowly, stooping my head, my cheeks burning. I never blush, yet now I could literally feel two small fires set up on each one of my cheeks. "I was just... You know, taking a walk."

"Of course you did!" He gently brushed his hand through some strands of red hair falling out from my braid. "But" I gulped, lifting my head up to look at him. Why should there always be a but? "We need to talk."

Shit.

"Well" I spelled, entwining my fingers before my lap. "I have to help my new friends build their snowman..., so maybe another time?"

"No. No. No." He snapped, clutching my arm tightly, just when I begun walking away. "You are going nowhere, tiger cub."

"Let go of me." I growled, attempting to sound pissed off, but my voice only came out like a purl. Idiot.

"Scarlett!"

Inhalling deeply, I quited trying to jerk my hand off his, turning to face him. I had to. I wasn't a runaway, I never hid or ran from my problems. I faced them. Now I had to face him, because he was my current problem. He made me look, act and be weak and I hated it. I hated it more than high heels or being called 'tiger cub'. I hated it even more than Boss.

"Give me one minute. One minute to explain to Lana that I have to go. I promise we talk after."

He simply nodded, and swiftly I turned on my heels, pacing across the street, towards Lana, who was staring at me in awe. Closing my eyes briefly, I inhalled, trying to calm myself down.

"Look, Lana, I know I promised to help you build a snowman, but something came up-"

"Is Dylan your boyfriend?" She inquired cutting me off, her eyes glimmering in excitement.

Grimacing, I knelt down next to her, buttoning her coat. "No... So, will you be angry if I don't keep my promise."

The young girl squeezed her lips together, contemplating what I said. "Ugh, we'll do just fine. I won't be angry."

"Are you sure?" I asked, disappointment overt in my voice.

"Yes, go on!" She giggled, pushing ne towards Dylan, who was now leaning against the house's fench.

Cursing under my breath, I jumped up, marching to his place. He looked so cute in his dark coat and the snowflakes covering his hair added up to the beautiful view he provided.

Averting my eyes, I balanced my beanie on my head, tacking in some tufts of hair. "Shall we go?"

Granting me a leg-crushing smirk, he slipped his arm over mine, causing my heart to stop. "Let's go then."

I waved a small goodbye to Lana, before being dragged by Dylan away. We paced quickly through snowy streets, reaching the edge of the city, where the forest commenced. I hadn't talked till then, not asking where he was taking me, yet when the first pie-trees appeared, I jumped before him, blocking his way. "Where do you think we're going?"

Smiling, he shook his head in frustration. "You have to trust me."

"Well, I don't." I yelled, throwing my hands in the air, releasing a small growl. "If you want us to talk, let us talk. Now. Here."

"I'm sorry if you don't trust me. Because you're coming either way."

"What?" I shrieked, but he had already dropped me over his shoulder, wrapping his arms over my body, locking me in place. "Dylan!"

"Yes?"

"Get me down. Now."

"Better say please." He sang, obviously amused by my failing attempts to break free.

"No way!"

"Then enjoy the journey." He mumbled, entering the forest, following a small trail on the ground. Sighing, I gave up fighting, examining instead the mesmerizing snow-spattered trees. And then suddenly, I was back on the ground, facing a small wooden house.

"Where are we?" I asked, turning around to look at him.

"Here." He said, smiling in a completely devilish way.

"Yes, thank you for enlightening me. Where in here, you dumbass?"

"Here is where I'll keep you hostage."