CHAPTER 10

My breath escaped my pallid lips turning into white clouds of steam when released to the cold dry air. I rubbed my glove-dressed hands together and stared at the old wall of the warehouse.

If Dylan knew...

He won't and why do I care after all?

Shivering from the cold I searched in my coat's pocket for my keys. My nerves were tight and my heart was beating sluggishly inside my chest, as if afraid to make a noise. I unlocked the rusty door, jumping the three steps leading inside the building. It was quiet, yet I knew he was there!

Tiptoeing on my frozen toenails, I headed for Dylan's personal room, where he prepared for the matches. The door was shut close, but from the tiny nick below it I could discerne light, someone was in; Dimitri.

Quietly, I opened the door, sliding inside the room; fallen plasters, a cracked window and old furniture -just like my own. My eyes roamed around the ugly place, finally landing on to the tall figure sitting cross-legged in the middle of a flurry black carpet.

A smirk spreaded on my face and I rushed there, sitting next to him silently. The moment I did his eyes popped open, causing me to jerk up. His chestnut eyes fell on me and he sighed, slowly lying back on his back on the carpet.

"So you came in the end..." he only said, his eyes always observing me, like reading through me.

"I had to." I replied, squeezing my lips together as I evoked Dylan's devastated body sweating and trembling by the loss of blood.

The brunette man sat up, mingling his eyebrows at me "Why are you here, Red?"

Why am I here? Good question.

I guess because Dylan almost killed himself, because of me, I may add, and made a deal with Boss -a small one, but enough for him to have trouble, great trouble! And Dimitri -Dylan's mentor and tutor knows completely nothing!

"I" I started, licking my dry lips "am here to inform you about your student's achievements!"

Dimitri raised an eyebrow "He usually doesn't achieve things!" he scoffed, bitterness obvious in his voice "But I guess it will be a nice change to hear about something nice he did..." His calm eyes now seemed to be spitting flames. "So, what did he do?"

"Well" I waited a moment for my heart to calm down "he almost managed to die!"

"He did" Dimitri uttered emotionlessly "embrace death many times before. Why should this time be different? He'll get over it."

No!" I yelled, suddenly all of my anger surging like a tidal wave through me. "This time he will die! And I won't allow that to happen because of me! It is Boss!"

"Boss..." he repeated, leaping up on his feet. The name has definitely aroused his interest, and maybe even fear. "Idiot."

Oh, if you knew how much I agree with you at that.

"You have to do something! Or else he's a dead man..."

Dimitri glanced at me shortly, pacing up and down the room, his fingers entwined behind his back and his eyes narrowed. He seemed preoccupied. What was he thinking? Why wasn't he doing something?

"What are you doing?! Walking won't help Dylan!" I screamed at him out of control, darting closer to him.

"Neither will shrieking." he murmured, casting me a gaze of disapproval. "How can a fighter like you not know that patience and composure are traits rewarded?"

I threw my hands in the air growling. How can a fighter like you not know that patience and composure are traits rewarded? Asshole! I am a street fighter; street fighters don't have rules. How came Dylan hadn't murdured him yet?

Dylan is not like you, Scarlett.

Right. Dylan maybe possessed some temper, but for sure I didn't. And Boss didn't either. Thinking had no place in his world, we had to act!

With a swift movement, I grabbed Dimitri's arm, twisting it behind his back. Smiling he shook his head in disbelief. "Really, Scarlett?"

"We have to help him!"

"We will."

"No! You need to do something right now!"

"I will." he reassured, his trapped inside my hand arm briskly clutching the wrist of my own, pulling me over his back to the floor before him. "Right now."

My breathing was blocked as my back clashed against the hard floor, causing me to writhe helpless. Just like a fish out of the sea.

Maybe it was a bad idea to attack him, after all!

Black spots started invading my vision again, when a strong hand gently pressed against my chest, forcing the air to fill my sore lungs. Blinking, I managed to descry him before me, yet my vision was still blurry.

"Come on." he said, stretching his arm towards me, helping me back up.

"You almost killed me." I groaned, scratching my aching nape.

"Do not attack me again, please. Just sit here" he bent his head to the empty armchair on his right "and tell me everything... with details."

I exhalled and slumped on the soft pillow. All of my hatred for him stemmed to evaporize when he spelled these words. Maybe he wasn't as bas as he let me see, in the end. He saved me when I tried to harm him. I bet I can trust him when it comes to Dylan.

Glancing at him head to toe for one more time, I decided I could talk to him about Dylan's stupidity! I shared with him all that happened, from Dylan's invitation to the party to my curing his wounds. I also analysed to him Boss's character and how he would never let Dylan go.

"You have to keep him away from me." I plead, Dimitri's eyes pinned straight into mine. "I am trouble! And he is an idiot, he won't accept it from me. But you... you might convince him!"

"Why? Why should I keep Dylan away from you, when the threat is Boss?"

I stooped my head, my hair falling over hiding my face. And I was thankful, because tears were filling up my eyes fast, and they tingled like venom. "Cause there's something else you need to know, as well."

"And what is that?" he questioned, shuffling closer to me.

"Please do not let Dylan know!" I stuttered inbetween sobs. How had I ended up being so weak! Fuck!

"I promise." Dimitri said, caressing my back. "It's okay..."

"Boss... Boss is my father."