CHAPTER 5

Dylan's POV

The pocketknife landed once again on the wooden table creating another nick next to the others. I pulled the blade out of the already damaged wood and twisted the small knife in my hand.

"She's on my mind the whole time, Dimitri." I mingled my eyebrows. Dimitri's brunette head spun up, his eyes pinned on me. A small smirk spreaded on my face "In the end I'm going to fall for her!"

Dimitri jolted up, almost knocking his chair down and started pacing up and down the room, deeply occupied. "And I guess you're not talking about Mercedes now." he mumbled aggressively, ignoring my laughting at his reaction.

I rolled my eyes, sitting back on the ripped leather couch, my eyes joining the spots of dirt on the ceiling of this small, filthy room in the warehouse; that old it was that you were afraid the roof might come down on your head.

"Look, Dimitri, Mercedes and I had agreed on that: this relationship is just for fun! Okay?"

He shut his eyes, pressing his knuckles on his nose's bridge "Right, right..."

I sighed. Why was he so judgemental the whole time?

The mobile placed next to me on the couch commenced buzzing. "Yours?" I inquired, pointing to the phone. Dimitri shook his head negatively, his eyes narrowing.

With a sudden bang, the door behind us was pushed open and a tall blonde girl catwalked her way in. For one more time, I allowed my eyes to examine her long feet and tiny waist; her sparkling blue eyes and perfectly curled blonde hair.

"Finally! I found you." she muttered grabbing the mobile.

"Hi, Mercedes." Dimitri hailed, checking his mobile as well; his whole body tensed suddenly and he traced to the door. "Goodnight, Dylan."

My eyebrow popped up at that "Where are you going?"

He just aimed outside the door with his thumb and disappeared. I dropped my head back, staring at Mercedes who was tapping something on her mobile.

"How are you, babe?" I drawed her down next to me on the couch. She giggled, placing with ease her legs on both of my sides. "I guess your fine."

She purled "Dylan..."

"Yes, baby!"

"Are you coming with me on that ball, the Halloween party?"

Surprised I jumped up, causing her to land flat on the floor. My eyes sprang up in sock.

"Why would you do that?!" the blonde girl shrieked, struggling to get up, nailing the couch.

"Babe, we never go to balls together! Remember?"

She rubbed her bottom grimancing in pain "Yeah, but now I want to go with you. I've come up with some great ideas for our costumes!"

"The answer is no and will remain no." I barked, interrupting her clapping. Her eyes darkened and her wide grin turned into a frown.

She stepped closer, caressing my chest and I hardly didn't roll my eyes at her. "Why? You don't want me anymore?"

"It is not that."

"Then?" she gently pushed me, causing me to sit back down on the couch. She kneeled above me, placing small kisses down my neck.

Clutching her wrists violently, I pushed her away. "I said no!" I growled, clenching my jaw. I collected my stuff and marched to the door, with her whining behind me.

"Dylan..." she cried out as I stepped outside the room.

"Goodnight, Mercedes."

*****

Get with her on the ball? She had us costumes as well?

Had this girl lost her non-existent mind. I thought I had made it clear to her that our relationship was purely platonic. Sex, kisses, dates maybe; okay, I sometimes bought her presents as well, but only till that point. We had agreed that silly romantic things like school balls were not our thing. It was starker than stark, if that makes sense.

Inhaling the freezing midnight air I hang my head back to watch the inwrought with stars sky.

And then it was her -Scarlett. I was going to that ball with Scarlett; I am not quite sure yet why I did that. It seemed like fun then, but now, now I almost dreaded the moment I'd faced her again. She made me -me!- feel kind of nervous.

The harsh voice of a man made me jump up startled, my eyes searching the place around me. A muffled sound, like a slap, help me locate the source of the sound.

Two tall and muscular men, menacingly aprroaching a girl, who had her back on the wall behind her. She was wearing a hood, but a small strand of hair -red hair!- was showing under the fabric. Scarlett!

Tucking my hands into fists I approached silently, to the point I could hear them clearly.

They were arguing about a fight that the girl was supposed to lose. My jaw dropped; they were talking about my fight with her; Red. And suddenly the taller man lifted his hand up, forcefully bringing it down on the girl's face.

Composing myself down and concentrating all of my strength, I stepped even closer."Gentlemen...my lady." I calmly said, faking a curtsey.

The two men turned towards me surprised. Grabbing the chance, I punched the one on the face, breaking his nose and kicked the other one on the stomach, making him fold in two moaning in pain. Not allowing them time to rest, I delivered another punch on the face of the first man who fell down dazed from his own blood. The other one attempted to attack me, giving me the chance to thrust his hand behing his back, twisting it until it cracked.

In the corner of my eye, I noticed the girl slipping down against the wall, blinking wildly; she was trying to keep herself up, she was fainting. Her emerald eyes glimmerrd under the moonlight. It was indeed her! Scarlett...

"Stay with me, tiger cub!" I yelled quietly, getting her up on my back. She managed to wrap her arms around my neck loosely.

"F*ck you, Dylan..."