Chapter 16: Vampire Baseball and Being Hunted

Bella and I were hanging out in my room after we finished getting ready, when I got a text from Emmett saying that they were here.

"Come on, they're here." I said as we went downstairs.

Bella grabbed a beer from the fridge and walked in the dining room where dad was cleaning his gun.

"Here, I got you another one." Bell said and set it down in front of dad as I stood behind her.

"Thanks." Charlie nodded.

"Skylar and I have a date with Edward and Emmett Cullen." Bella informed.

"He's a little old for you, isn't he?" Charlie asked.

"No. He's a junior. I'm a junior. You like Emmett, and he's a year older than Sky." Bella said confused. "I thought you like the Cullen's."

"I thought you didn't like any of the boys in town." Charlie shot back.

"They don't live in town, technically." Bella shrugged then I sighed stepping in.

"Dad, they're right outside."

"They are?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah, he wanted to meet you, officially." Bella nodded.

"Alright." Charlie sighed, clicking his gun back into place before setting it on the table. "Bring 'em in."

"Could you be nice?" Bella asked. "He is important."

Dad used his finger and circled a Halo around his head, making me chuckle and think of Leo.

Bella nodded and went to let the boys in as dad stood up.

"Hey." I smiled as Emmett kissed my cheek, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Hello, Chief Swan. I wanted to formally introduce myself. I'm Edward Cullen."

"Hi, Edward." Dad nodded shaking his hand before turning to Emmett. "Hey, Emmett, how you doing, son?"

"I'm doing good, Charlie. How about you?" Emmett smiled.

"Great." Charlie nodded.

"The girls won't be out too late, tonight. They're gonna be playing baseball with us and our family." Edward informed.

"Baseball? Skylar, I get. But, Bella's gonna play baseball?" Charlie chuckled. "Well, good luck with that. More power to ya."

"We'll take good care of them. We promise." Edward said.

"I won't promise that this girls pride won't be broken though." Emmett teased me.

"Oh, you wish big boy. You're gonna go down!!! By the end you'll be running to Esme crying!!!" I teased back, getting competitive.

"Alright, let's go. Sooner we get there, the sooner we'll find out." Emmett laughed.

"Bye, dad." I smiled as have gave me the okay to leave with Emmett.

We waited on the pourch until Bella and Edward walked out.

"It's funny, your father thinks you girls should go to an all girls school." Edward smirked.

"Hey, that's not fair." Bella frowned.

"She's right, don't read Charlie's mind." I agreed before turning to Emmett. "And since when do vampires play baseball?"

"Well, it's the American pastime," Emmett shrugged as we got into his Jeep. "Plus there's a thunderstorm coming. It's the only time we can play. You'll see why."