Chapter 10: Floridians Are In Jacksonville

The Next Day
At Forks High

I was hanging with Bella by my car when I saw Emmett walking by us towards the bus. He gave me a small smile causing me to blush and look away.

When I looked back smiling it dropped when Mike came into my line of view.

"Look at you, huh? You're alive." Mike said causing me to roll my eyes.

"Yeah. False alarm, I guess." Bella said.

"Um, I wanted to ask you, you know, if, you know, it's like a month away, but uh, do you wanna, do you wanna go to prom with me?" Mike asked Bella but she was tuned out. "So, what do you think?"

"About what?" Bella asked causing me to try to suppress a laugh.

"Do you wanna go? To prom? With. Me?" Mike asked starting to frown.

"Oh. Prom. Dancing. I don't think that's such a good idea for me." Bella said try to turn him down easy. Then came up with a lie. "That weekend wouldn't work anyways. We're going to Jacksonville that weekend."

"You can't go another weekend?" Mike asked.

"Non-refundable tickets." Bella lied again.

"What about you, Skylar? Do you wanna go to prom with me?" Mike asked causing me to scoff.

"No. I'm not gonna go with you just because my sister turned you down. So go to hell. And if you listened to my sister, I'm going to Jacksonville with her, dumbass. Sorry, not sorry." I smirked walking away towards the Cullen's.

"Hey guys." I smiled.

"What did Newton want?" Emmett frowned, glaring at him.

"He tried asking me to prom after Bella turned him down." I informed.

"What did you say?" Rose asked.

"I told him to go to hell." I smirked as the Rosalie, Connor, Edward, Emmett, Alice, and Jasper laughed.

"Yo, yo, yo. Hey, guys, come on." Mr. Molina said getting out attention. "We gotta go. We gotta go. Green is what? Good. Let's go. Guys, come on."

Emmett grabbed my hand causing me to blush as we walked with his siblings. Alice and Rose gave me the 'I know something you don't know' look. I just smiled innocently at them causing us to giggle.

"Other bus, other bus. Let's go." Mr. Molina said directing us to the other bus Bella was on.

Later

I was walking by myself in the green house just waiting for the feild trip to end.

"Egg shells, carrot tops. Compost is cool. Now, stuff that in there, Eric. Now, I am gonna make a steaming cup of compost tea." Mr. Molina said holding it up.

"Give me that." Tyler said taking it from him.

"Yeah, this is recycling in it's most basic form, guys. Don't drink it! It's for the plants." Mr. Molina warned the guys who were being stupid.

"What's in Jacksonville?" Emmett asked appearing behind me.

"How did you know about that? You were across the lot by the buses." I stated.

"I-you didn't answer my question." Emmett denied.

"Are you gonna tell me how you stopped the van?" I asked.

"No." Emmett stated.

"Then I'm not gonna answer your question." I sassed.

"Fine. I was able to stop the van because I had an adrenaline rush." Emmett said giving me a crappy answer, which I gave back.