Danger

{ Jacob's POV }

 I'm in the living room on my favorite chair watching Family Guy on adult swim. I love that show. It's just so awesome. I'm watching the episode where Stewie, Brian and Mort go back in time to the holocaust days. Yeah, pure awesomeness.

 It feels kinda cool that I'm the only one in Mindless Behavior that has a girlfriend. Speaking of which, I haven't seen them in over a week. Keisha gave us a 2 week break so we could go home. I'd choose staying home over going on tour any day. I haven't decided how I'd do this long-distance relationship with Kimari yet. Maybe I could call her everyday. Maybe I should call her now. I turned down the volume on the TV and dialed her number.

" Hello?", she whispered. Why does she sound so sleepy? It's only like 11pm.

" Hey. What are you doing?"

" Sleeping.", she said a little annoyed.

" I didn't know you went to sleep so early.", I said trying to lighten her mood.

" 2 in the morning is early to you?", what? It's not- ohhh.

" Sorry, I forgot about the time difference. Should I call back later?"

" Yeah. Um, I get off at 4 so maybe around 5?"

" Okay. 'Night, I love you."

" Love you too.", she said before I pressed END on my cell phone.

 I still haven't told my Mom about Kimari yet. It's not that I'm afraid of how she'll react, it's just that I have to figure out the right way to tell her.

 But, I still have time to think about that. My Mom isn't off work yet. She works at a Spanish hospital in San Dimas called 'La clínica para las familias de habla hispana'            ( The Clinic For Spanish Speaking Families). The population there is mostly people from Mexico, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Costa Rica and other spanish speaking countries. Anyway, when I was younger she would take the night shift so she'd be able to take me to school in the morning and pick me up in the afternoon and when I got older I guess it just stuck.

 After about an hour of Robot Chicken and South Park, I got hungry so I went in the kitchen to find something. I looked in the fridge and saw nothing but salads, carrots, milk, celery, yoplait and a bunch of healthy people food. Oh, did I mention my Mom's a vegetarian? That really sucks for a carnivore like me. I was about to go back in the living room and nearly starve to death when I saw a sticky note on the table. It read:

Salí de veinte dólares en el piso de arriba la almohada. Sé que no me gusta todo de las ensaladas me traen a la casa, así que pensé que podría pedir una pizza o algo así. No salir de la casa. No abrir la puerta y no contestar el teléfono a menos que sepa quién es. Te quiero y yo podría estar trabajando mucho más tarde de lo habitual para ser bueno.
~ Maria

( I left twenty dollars under your pillow upstairs. I know you don't like all of the salads I bring home so I figured you could order a pizza or something. Don't leave the house. Don't answer the door and don't answer the phone unless you know who it is. I love you and I might be working a lot later than usual so be good.
~ Maria)

 My Mom can't speak English. Well, she knows simple conversational phrases like 'Hi' and 'How are you' and 'What's your name?' but over-all her English isn't good enough for her to speak it all the time, so at home we just speak Spanish.

 But, I don't want any pizza tonight. I had that yesterday. I know the note said not to leave the house, but I really want some Doritos and an Arizona right now. So what if it's like 12 at night. Well, morning. The corner store should be open. I ran up to my room, grabbed the money from under my pillow and put on my coat and shoes before heading out the door. I know what you're thinking, no I didn't lock myself out, I'm not THAT stupid. I skipped a grade, remember? So I just closed the door without locking it.

 It's really chilly outside. I probably should have got a bigger coat. I walked down the street to the nearest corner store to find it closed. Damn it. I was about to go back home when I felt something cold on my temple. I'm not stupid. I knew it was a gun...