Doctor, Doctor

{ Jacob's POV }

 The first thing I thought of after I read Kimari's test results, was death. I saw doctors take some of her blood when she was sleep but didn't think it was about anything serious. I guess that's what happens when you have un-protected s*x. I'm still p*ssed off at her parents for blowing her off like that. Especially her dad. If that's how ruthless father's are, then I'm glad I don't know mine.

 I'm trying to think of ways to get her to stop crying. I don't like to see girls cry. It took about 45 minutes for her to stop crying, but when she did she still looked sad. " So... Where'd you get the name Leda from?", I asked. I might as well get to know her a little more if I want her to be my girlfriend. She sniffled then said

 " Leda was a Greek heroine and the queen of Sparta."

" You like mythology?", she nodded 'yes' and continued.

" Leda means Spartan Queen. She was the most beautiful women in all of Sparta. I wanted her name to mean something and be rare. There's not alotta girls named Leda. And its easy to spell so when she gets in kindergarten she won't spend the whole year trying to write her name. It's also like my middle name Lela so I guess it kinda has a double meaning.", I honestly didn't expect her to say all of that. She must of really thought that through. Before I couldn't ask anything else she said " I never wanted any of this. Pregnancy and STD's...weren't on my agenda."

" What were your plans before you got pregnant?"

 She shrugged her shoulders before saying " Doesn't matter now. I'll be dead before I ever get to college. Which I don't have time for with a baby.", I didn't know how to respond to that. When Kimari stood up I stood up. I wish she would of done that sooner. My butt feels numb from sitting on that linoleum floor.

"I wanted to be a obstretician."

"Oh.", was all I could say. In a way she did get her wish.

"But not anymore. I'm sick of hearing babies cry.", she said while picking up Leda. " Do you think I should give her to my parents? I really, really love her, but I'm p*ssed off that I can't give her everything she should have. She shouldn't have to live like I am and it's not her fault she was born either. This is all my fault and you shouldn't have went off at my Daddy like that. What he was saying is true. I haven't learned my lesson and I deserve every piece of crap that comes my way.", I can't believe she was saying this.

" They shouldn't have kicked you out . Or better yet, they shouldn't have spoiled you rotten in the first place. You can't blame yourself for everything. And he's your father, he shouldn't have yelled at you like that."

" What would your father have done?!", she basically screamed. That's a tough question to answer.

" I don't know.", I was trying real hard to keep my cool, but this girl is really pushing my buttons.

" What do you mean ' I don't know'!", she said mocking me.

"  My dad wouldn't have cared! He was always drunk or on some drug and used to always beat on me and my Mom! Then one day he just left! Why the hell do you think I'm an only child?! I hope he's rotting in a sewer somewhere and rats are chewing off his face like that guy did on the news! And what hurts the most is that I look exactly like him! I am all my mother has in this world!", That really shut her up.

 So I cried a little, yeah laugh all you want. But when I did come back to my senses  I was a little hesitant about asking the next question that's been bugging me since I met her. " Why didn't you get an abortion?"

" Because everyone deserves to live.", Kimari still seemed a little shook from me yelling at her. I hope I didn't seriously hurt her feeling. If I did, then there goes my chances at her becoming my girlfriend. The next 15 minutes were really silent. I could cut the tension with a knife. Then that same lady doctor walked through the door. I wonder why she's here now. She's like the bearer of bad news.

" I see you've read your test results.", she said while picking the papers up from off the floor.

" Yeah...", Kimari said sadly. I hope she doesn't start crying again. " How much time do I have left?"

" What do you mean?"

" I know I'm dying, so just tell me how many days I have left to live.", Kimari said expressionlessly. It's like she has no feelings now.

" I think you've mixed up AID's and STD's.", I'd give everything to have Kimari be wrong right now.

" I hope I did too.", Kimari said with hope filled eyes.

" Well, AID's can kill you while most STD's can't. In your case, Molluscum Contagiosum is treatable, but you'd still have the risk of passing it to other people.", she started touching these bumps on Kimari's upper chest area.  " These are the effects of the STD. These bumps are the actual Molluscum."

" Can you catch it from like physical contact.", I had to ask. I was just all hugging her and everything and I'll be DAMNED if I have to tell my Mom I caught an STD on my 1st trip across the Atlantic. Like I said, I'm all she has.

" You know, it's called a S*xually Transmitted Disease for a reason...", Kimari said. Oh yeah, I forgot about that part.

" Right. Now Miss Randall I've scheduled a radiology session tomorrow so we can tell how severe your condition is. After that I'll be able to make out a perscription so it doesn't get worse."

" Thank you."

" And how long will you be staying?"

" Uh...", Kimari looked at me. " Ask him."

" Sometime tonight.", I said. Well, I think that's when Walter said we had to go.

" Then I need you in radiology right now. I'll fax the information over to America and have your real doctor do the prescription.", she hurried Kimari out of the room.

" Hey can you watch Leda 'till I get back?", Kimari asked but the doctor closed the door before I could answer.

" Do I really have a choice?", I said aloud to myself. I hope she doesn't just dump Leda on me when she has something to do when we get together. She still didn't answer my question about that either. Oh well, I'll just ask her about it tonight when we're on the plane. I hope my little outburst doesn't affect her answer. But knowing Kimari, it probably will.