Personality Changes

{ Jacob's POV }

I pushed the gun further in my pocket. " Taylor it's not what it looks like.", was all I could say. She put her hand on the seat like she was going to get up but I pulled her hand down and covered her mouth with my other one to keep her from screaming. " If you say anything I'll...I'll kill you."

Taylor's eyes got big and she slowly sat back in the seat. When I felt like she was calm enough I let go of her and sat back. I sighed. " I really don't wanna do this.", I said. Taylor quietly nodded. " It's just that if I don't, you'll say something and it's a really long story-"

" It's okay.", she said but I knew she didn't mean it. 

We spent the rest of the ride in quietness. Taylor just sat there looking at her hands the whole time. She didn't sleep, didn't eat and didn't talk to me. Why did I have to be such an assh*le? When it was time for me to get off, Taylor got up and let me through. I didn't bother saying bye since I knew she wouldn't answer me.

I bought a ticket to the train that goes to Cincinnati and waited on a bench. It took about an hour of waiting but it finally came. The train guy clipped my ticket and I sat in the front this time. As soon as it gets to Cincinnati I want to hurry up and get off. I don't really know what I'm going to do after that. I know Kimari lives in a red brick apartment building in the projects, but that's about it. I hope she doesn't go off about me randomly popping up out of nowhere.

How am I going to explain why I'm here by myself? And more importantly how am I going to ask if I can live with her? Damn, I should of thought this through before I just got up and left. I couldn't keep track of time when I was on the train because I kept zoning in and out. Sometimes I couldn't tell if I was awake or dreaming...or both. Some guy asked if the seat next to me was taken. I answered him by putting my legs up in it.

" Jack-ass", he said loud enough for me to hear. Any other time that would annoy me, but when you have a firearm in your pocket, stuff like that don't compare to what the repercussions you'll face if they tell a cop. When the train did get to Cincinnati I quickly got the hell off. I'm never riding a train again.

I think I was in the downtown area because there was a lot of buildings and stuff. It wasn't freezing cold but it was a little windy. I cautiously walked down a main street hoping no one would notice the gun in pocket. If they did, I'd go to juvie for sure. Bloody money and guns don't make me look so innocent. I kept my hands in my pocket and walked up to some old lady. " Excuse me, do you know how to get to the projects?", she looked at me like I was crazy.

" Now why would a handsome young man like yourself want to go to a corrupted place like the projects?", think up a lie! Think up a lie!

" Uh, my church it...helps people...gives them food and stuff and I...I can't find them.", I can tell she didn't buy my lie, but she told me how to get there. It's actually fairly close. That's the complete opposite of LA. All the rich people live near downtown because they can afford all of the high price stuff the stores sell. The poorer you are, the farther out you live.

Damn! Did you know there's a LOT of building in the projects? Luckily there's only 4 red brick ones. One's by a main street, the other's by a McDonald's, the next one's by a Deli, then the last one's just in the middle of other buildings. I don't remember Kimari living by anything so I'm going to try my luck at the last one. First door to the right on the third floor right? I don't know. I knocked on the door and waited until this girl in her late 20's opened the door with a cigarette in her hand and 3 small kids at her feet screaming "Mommy!" over and over again.

" Are you the pizza guy?", she said in the most ghettoest tone I have ever heard. 

" Uh, no I was wondering if you knew where Kimari Randall lived.", she looked up at the sky and blew cigarette smoke in my face. No one close to me smokes and now I understand why. Nicotine smells like ass!

" You mean the baby with the baby?", she pushed one of the kids off her leg.

" Yeah..."

" Nope.", she said before slamming the door in my face. Well that was rude. I didn't want to knock on any other doors so I just sat in the hallway like a dumb ass. People kept staring at me like I was some junkie, and for a moment, I was glad I had a gun in my pocket. Just knowing that I could blow any one of their faces off gave me closure.

It wasn't long until I heard someone trying to calm a crying baby. I looked down from the third floor railing and saw Kimari. I literally jumped down the flight of stairs to get to her. " Miss me?", I said before kissing and Leda on the cheek. Leda was still frantically crying so I took her and rubbed her back.

" Of course I did.", she said while digging in the diaper bag looking for the keys. She finally found them and let me in. I sat down on the couch with Leda still in my hands while Kimari went to the bathroom to change out of a uniform. Does she go to summer school or something? I picked up a teething ring from off the kitchen table, rinsed it off and put it in Leda's mouth which stopped her from crying.

When Kimari came out of the bathroom she was in sweatpants and a light pink T-shirt. She looked so beautiful! She sat down next to me and asked " Why are smiling so hard?", I didn't even notice that.

" Because you're so...lovely... attractive... gorgeous...stunning, exquisite, picturesque and the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life.", she smiled at the ground.

" Thanks...I love you too."

" I didn't say that."

" But... that's what you meant."

" Of course it was.", we sat there in silence for a while.

" So, what brings you here, aren't you supposed to be on tour?", I guess it's time to tell her. I breathed really hard.

" I was wondering...if I could...live with you.", she gave me a look I couldn't decipher. I hope she says yes.