Petrified

I was almost home when I saw a red cadillac with tinted windows slowly roll behind me. I was petrified but then I remembered I had 911 on my speed dial list. But I was still a little scared. I been walking a little faster. If I squinted I could see my apartment. I turned the corner and the car was still following me.

" Where ya headin' sexy?", said the driver when he rolled down his window. Didn't he see I was holding an infant in my arms? Don't respond Kimari...just keep walking. " Oh I see... you playin' hard to get huh?". You're almost home...maybe he'll get the message and leave. '' I ain't leavin' 'till you say somethin'". I kept walking. By then I was almost in front of my apartment. I should of went in but the last thing I want is this psycho knowing where I lived.

" What do you want?", I said with attitude.

" Finally you talkin'... need a ride home baby?"

" No...I can make it actually'', I said, calmly.

" Mmm you fine...", he said while licking his lips.

" Please leave me alone...", I was basically begging him to go.

" Okay, Okay..."

" Thank you. ", I said relieved

" Anytime wanna ride in this car...or me...give me a call", he said while giving me a yellow rolled up sticky note.

" I'll consider it... ", I said sarcastically. Then the car sped down the street. I looked down the road to make sure he was gone and walked up the stairwell to the 3rd floor, astonished that Leda slept through all that. I put Leda on the opposite shoulder her diaper bag was on and grabbed the keys out of the diaper bag. When I opened the door I saw a brand new pink and black stroller with a pink ribbon on it in the living room and a pizza box with plastic cups and plates on the kitchen table. I slowly crept into apartment, completely petrified. " Hello?...Who's here", I said. My voice was shaky and my heart was beating so fast I couldn't keep track of BPM. My natural instincts kicked in and I walked to the silverware drawer and pulled out a butter knife. I don't know how I'm gonna stab someone with it but at least it was something.

I heard someone walking from the long hallway. I sat Leda on the couch and then hid behind the wall that separated the livingroom from the hallway. When I heard the person get close enough to me, I leaped up, and stabbed whoever it was twice.