Friends?

" I don't believe that.", I said while shaking his hand.

" Believe what?", he said confused.

"That your momma named you after a college in New Jersey...what were you born there or something?". He laughed. "What's so funny?", I asked very confused.

"You have no idea who I am, do you?", he asked.

"Well...you bought me a stroller...wait how do you know where I live?"

"You wrote the address on the back of the other stroller."

"Oh...", I said again feeling stupid.

" That meet and greet you and your friend went to...was for a group called Mindless Behavior."

"Okay...what does that have to do with you?"

"I'm in that group...", he said smiling. I couldn't believe how idiotic I felt. I remember when Cindy said something Mindless or whatever. "S-so you're, ah...you're famous?".

"You can say that.", he said. I can't believe I'm talking to a famous person right now. ME. I began walking back towards the livivngroom and he followed me.

"So...is there any other names you go by... that name sounds kinda...fake...", I said. "...no offense", I added quickly.

"Well...don't tell anybody but-", he got cut-off.

"Seriously? We all know your real name is like Jacob Perez or somethin' ...right?", Cindy said.

"Right.", he said. Then I heard Leda begin to wail. I still don't understand why babies cry so much...it gets pretty annoying after 6 months. Jacob watched me when I picked Leda up, and when I changed her and when I fed her. She's bottle fed and right now I am soo glad I made that decision. That would of been one hell of a scene if I chose differently!

" Do you need any help?... I'm an only child but I have 14 cousins I'm really close with.''

" That's alotta kids.", Cindy said. He nodded.

" You get used to it...I've been around them all my life.", he said. Things were silent for a minute or so...until Leda's high pitched cry startled everyone.

" What's wrong with her?", Cindy said a little too loudly. I could hear fear in Cindy's voice. I don't know why she seemed so scared, Leda cries all the time for no reason.

" She's probably just aggitated", I said over Leda's screams.

" Or maybe you forgot to warm up the Similac.", Jacob said. Damn! Why he gotta be so smart! Of course. He held out his hand and I gave him the yellow bottle with sun and rainbows all over it to him . Leda started to cry even more as he walked over to the microwave and put it in. After about a minute he took it out the microwave and handed it to me. I tried to get her to drink it but she just kept crying into the bottle and scratching me with her itty-bitty nails. I was confused, irritated and just wanted to get some sleep!

" I don't know what's wrong with her...she's probably sleepy or something...", I said giving up hope that she's stop crying anytime soon.

" Oh, she just needs some Auntie Cindy treatment.", Cindy said taking Leda from my arms. She rocked her and sang to her. And it wasn't like Cindy had a horrible voice. She's an A-maz-ing singer and I don't know why she doesn't try out for the school choir. Especially since she watches that show Glee waayy too much. Anyway, Leda kept crying and kicking and scratching until Cindy also gave up. She looked over in Jacob's direction. " Your turn.", she said while handing him Leda. He held her, rocked her and played with her nose...and the most she did was laugh. Hey that's not fair! She wasn't scratching him! Even though they're small, her little baby nails HURT!

" She's not...", I started

" What?", Cindy said

" ...Scratching him", It was surprising to see that she'd scratch her mom and "auntie", but not some stranger we all just met.

" That's because... your both wearing polyester shirts.''

" And?...I've worn this shirt before and...", I stopped talking. Usually when I wear my work clothes she does cry like crazy. "Ohhh...she doesn't like polyester does she?''

" I don't think so", Jacob said.

" Wow! You'd be a better babysitter than I am!'', Cindy laughed. "Ooh! On Sunday me and Kimari babysit. It's for free but I love doing something that'll make me feel good inside at least once a week.", She was getting excited, I know what's gonna happen next.

" I do that with my cousins alot.", he said. Another awkward silence moment. C'mon Cindy this is your time to speak! As if she was reading my mind Cindy- in her lovely voice she uses on her mom to get what she wants- asked

" Babysit with us on Sunday...please?". It took him a while to answer.

"Okay...but don't get too attached to me... being famous means going to different places whether you like it or not. This one time I fell asleep in Philly, and woke up in New York."

" Seriously!... I've never been outside of Cleveland. Well I've gone to Columbus for a school trip but other than that..."

" One day I'll take my new friends to New York, L.A., Philly...where ever you two wanna go.'', he said while putting his arms around us.

" Friends?...already?", me and Cindy said simultaneously.

" Friends.", he said.