Inside the mountains

Chapter 11

'Damn it' I said aloud and turned to Amanda and Drake 'someone beat us to him'

'Where was he killed? Drake asked

'Down inside the mountains' Dylon responded

'Thats where we go then' Amanda said with an assured tone

'Ok, I will takes you there' Dylon said quietly

Dylon started to walk away form the cliff and into the Forrest as we followed. While walking I took in the surroundings, mostly trees next to us apart fron the fifty meter drop on both sides of the cliff. The land was shaped like a "V" and sloped inward until it met the face of a huge mountain. The mountain though was a not a normal mountain. It was a rough sheer cliff face. Dylon kept on walking towards then mountain and didn't stop.

'What is he doing?' Amanda asked

Dylon kept walking until he walked straight into the mountain, but instead of hitting his body on the solid surface he walked straight through.

'What the heck!?' Drake said with confusion

After saying that Dylons head appeared out of where he walked into.

'Come on' Dylons said with impatience and then he disappeared again

'I guess we follow' I said

I went into the wall first. Walking through was like walking through a solid waterfall and not getting wet. I walked in and it looked like a cave that had been transformed into a home. There was bookshelves packed full of large, old books. There was a tv and couches. There was heaters everywhere and it was quite large.

'Woah' Amanda said aloud

Dylon was standing near the door waiting for us, when we walked in he beckoned for us to follow him down a narrow path. We walked down the path for a while and when we reached the end there was a door. Dylon opened the door and we all walked in. The room was bare, the cave walls stood out. In the middle of the room was a metal table, lying on the table was a man who was covered by cloth.

'Who is that?' Drake asked

'Hamish' Dylon answered quietly

'Eww' Amanda said quietly with disgust

'Yeah I know' Dylon said 'My friend insisted in keeping the bogy, we still aren't sure how he died'

I walked up to the body and examined it. There was no physical damage which made me wonder how he did die? I turned to ask Dylon where they found him but was interrupted by a loud noise, the noise of a dragon.

The three of us turned and ran down the corridor we had came up on without question. W skidded to a halt at the entrance room to the cave where we started out journey. There was no one there.

'Where is everyone?' I asked

As if answering my question I heard a loud shout come from outside the entrance. Again without question we ran through the hidden entrance and surfaced into the blinding sun. We were meet with a gruesome battle, everyone who was inside the entrance room was either dead on the ground or fighting a group of demon dragons with large riders holding crossbows. The men fighting the demons held spears and shields and they weren't doing much. These demon dragons were about the same size as our dragons, except that they were lava red and black. Drake ran to our dragons which had walked away from the battlefield and grabbed out weapons from the lether pouches. He beckoned the dragons to follow him ad he ran back toward us as the battle raged on. Once he reached us he tossed the weapons to us and we got back on our dragons. I looked around and saw each of our weapons. I had my spear that cam from a click of a pen. It was bronze tipped and the handle was iron. Drakes sword had a solid gold handle and was a double edged sword made of imperial iron. Amanda had a bow made from polished oak and the arrows had iron tips. We had our dragons walk towards the battle. A tall man in armour ran over to us

'Thank The Lord you are here' he said with relief 'can you help us?' He asked

'Yes, we will help, what is happening?' Amanda asked

'They came out of nowhere, and just attacked!' He said quickly. He went to continue explaining but he was shot by one of the demon riders. He fell to the ground and blood shot out of his wound. I jumped of Titan and ran over to the man and checked him. No pulse.

'Damn it!' I said aloud. I ran back to Titan and jumped back on. 'We need to take out the riders!' I shouted over the noise of the battle. Amanda loaded a arrow and pulled back her bow to full extend. Twang! The arrow was loosed and it flew through the air until it met its mark. The arrow hit one of the riders in the head and he fell of the demon. I hoped of Titan and told him 'kill the demons!' I shouted. Titan ran and slammed into the demon. He sank his claws into its flesh as we watched on. Finally Titan bit down on the demons neck and killed it, the battle wasn't over though. Five demons remaied to fight us. Their crossbow bolts wiped past us as I made my move. I ran tonaid the other troops on the round and Drake followed. Amanda stayed and continued shooting the demons. Wh got to the other men that were fighting. I held my spear tight and Drake held his sword with both his hands. One of the demon riders spotted me. He grabbed a handful of dust from nowhere and threw it at me and Drake. The dust covered the battle feild and made it near impossible to see. I waved my hand around and started to clear the dust.

'Wave your hands to clear the dust!' I shouted

Slowly after I had given instructions the dust cleared, but what would greet us isn't any better then being blind.