Departure

Amanda and Drake just stood there and stared, I wanted them to be happy and congratulate me but there was no emotion in their faces.
"Guys?" I asked, they seemed to snap out of their state if mind "what's wrong?" Drake looked me in my eyes
"Jack, you have just been put in charge of more them a thousand lives, this is a big deal" drakes words worried me. Amanda added in
"It is a hard role, and takes a lot of off effort" the job was harder then it seemed, I just thought I had to show everyone where to attack, but I needed a plan of action.
"Can you guys help, be my second in commands" I asked hopefully
"Sounds good" Drake responded to my relief
"We have to attack today jack, the more we wait, the more chance they have of winning,we have already lost the surprise element"
"Yeah I think your right, do any of you have a map of the area?" Amanda nodded and pulled a parchment from her bag. She showed me where falcon keep was.
"Ok thanks Amanda, I'll look after the plan, Amanda I need you back on enlistment and Drake can you run the armory and check people have appropriate gear"
"Ok sounds good" Drake responded as he walked away
"You ok?" I asked Amanda. She nodded and smiled at me before walking back into the enlistment cabin. So many emotions flooded me, I was happy to be leading the army but also extreme,ly scared, like Drake said, I was in charge of over a thousand beating hearts and one wrong move could kill hundreds. I wanted to make a plan that saved people from getting killed and I didn't have much time. Just in the nick of time Cody came walking past.
"Cody!" I shouted to grab his attantion. He spun around and looked at me
"Congrats on becoming commander!" He said smiling
"Yeah thanks, listen I really need your help, have you ever been to falcon keep?"
"Well yes, I was held prisoner there for a while before being rescued" he responded.
"Perfect! Can you help me with a plan for attack, we only have a couple of hours to do it though"
"Alright sounds good" he responded. He followed me back into the sthenos cabin and I laid out the map on the desk. He studied the map for a while then produced a pencil and made a small dot on a place called gullys peak.
"That's where we need to send the ground troops" he told me with a sure look in his face. The fact that we would have ground troops never crossed my mind.
"So where will the air troops go?" I asked. He pointed right at falcon keep, but on the north side.
"We will spilt them up, half goes on the north, and half give a full on southern attack"
"So does falcon keep have ground troops and air troops to?" I asked
"They have both, and a lot of archers, that is what we will take out first, we can get some bombs from the armory that will be thrown by the southern air raiders. That will take out the archers and eliminate some of our worries. Gullys peak is a canyon that leads all the way towards falcon keep, we will use that to our advantage for surprise, we will also have counter measures, using portable turrets to balance out their large cross bows"
"All right, so who will get Lewis and Ricky from inside?"
"Leave that to the ground troops, there is around five hundred of them and they should make it inside, there should not be many demon riders left inside, most of the, hopefully will have been whipped out by the raids, the ground troops should rescue them and we will be back in camp by sunrise" I never realized how long this would take. Cody continued his plan "once the air raids have been completed the riders will fly north for a while before doing a complete turn back and help out, some of them will be archers and some of them will be swordsman, also I forgot to mention that some of the men are drop support, this means we drop them In from the dragons wherever we need extra support"
"Wow Cody you have really though this through!"
"Thanks" he responded "we need this to go smoothly to reduce our casualties"
----------
After about another hour of planing I had memories the plan and was about to tell the troops, right before I told them Amanda approached me with a huge smile
"What?" I asked
"There is more then 2000 people that have signed up!"
"Thats great! We match their numbers now!" I told Amanda
"Ok I need to amour up now" Amanda said with glee, I waved her goodbye with a smile. I approached the massive group of campers all suited up in gleaming amour. They filled up the whole middle section between all the cabins and seemed rowdy, all pumped up ready to fight. Someone had set up a small stage so I could address them. I walked up the steps onto the stage.
"Hello all" I said nervously "unfortunately indego is unable to battle because of injury, I will be taking his place as active commander and my friends Drake and Amanda will help out" im sure you have been informed of where you will be going, there is three main groups for the battle, flying group, infantry and the turrets, archers and medics groups. You will all have been split up and previously informed of the plan of attack, I will be leading the air raid group, Cody will be leading the infantry and Amanda will be leading the archers, medics and turrets. The aim of this mission is to rescue the missing campers Ricky and Lewis" a synchronized grunt went up from with in the crowd "I want this missions to go smoothly and to have no casualties but unfortunately I can't promise you that, I can promise that we will get our revenge for years of drain versus demon battles" a cheer when up in the crowd "so let's get to it!" I shouted "prepare yourselves for the battle, infantry troopers will double up with a air raider on their dragons and be dropped off at the beginning of gullys peak, when you hear the first explosion from the air raids commence your attack, I will be leading the air raids and attacks with Drake, so come prepared for a battle! Meet back here with your full gear, dragons and anything else at sunset.
---------
Three hours passed and people started gathering back at the pre-disclosed location. I talked to some of the riders and told them they would have to carry the turrets and some gear. Everyone was starting to arrive and we were five minutes from launch. Time went past and the elder dragon arrived as promised. He reminded me of the night it all started.
"Is everyone ready!?" I shouted. A cry in response from the crowd. "Let's do this!" I shouted with enthusiasm. One by one all the dragons departed from the ground and flew up towards the setting sun, ready for what awaited us.