The Centaur and the Cyclops

I stared at the two mythical creatures, my mouth gaping. 

"Well come on fearless leader" The cyclops declared in the lowest voice I had ever heard

Drake nudged me with his elbow and whispered in my ear

" Dude.Say something" I snapped out of my trance and made eye contact with the cyclops

"Sorry" I, uttered as I shook my head "Im Jack, Im supposed to be leading this attack but.. uh" I stumbled, my nerves got in the way "sorry, I got knocked off my dragon right at the beginning of the battle" 

"it is quite alright" The centaur piped in "once we arrived our combined forces provided the push you needed to get the upper hand in the battle" The centaur spoke with such elegance.

"Don't get me wrong" I started " I definitely appreciate the help you gave us, but how did you find out about our predicament?" The centaur looked at me with a smile on his hairy face. 

"How about we introduce ourselves before we get into the finer details" The cyclops nodded in agreement.

"oh..ah, right" I outstretched my arm towards the centaur, he immediately grabbed his bow that way lying against the table and notched an arrow, pointing it towards my face. I threw my hands in the air while the centaur began shouting a war cry. The cyclops intervened and pushed the centaur's bow out of the way. The centaur continued shouting and the cyclops whacked him across the head, immediately stopping the cry.

"Calm down Jockram" The cyclops bellowed

"He tried to attack me" The centaur roared

"What are you talking about you idiot horse man" They began fighting but were quickly stopped by Drake. 

"GUYS!" He shouted "settle your differences when there isn't a war taking lives right now!" That seemed to shut the pair up. 

"Now" He continued "let's introduce ourselves" The centaur grunted, flicked his long hair from his face and spoke up

"I am Jockram, Leader of the Helios Tribe" 

"And I am Lance, Commander and Cheif of the Cyclops Infantry Forces" All this information was a lot to take in, I had just managed to get used to the fact that their is such thing as giant flying lizards but no one had told me that mythical creatures are real and living along side us.

"And to answer your question, we were informed by Carlos, a young man who informed us of your predicament. He reached out to us after he foresaw your defeat in this battle, I apologise for our tardiness but we got lost along the way. We don't use air travel like you and your camp, we prefer to travel across land." Jockram explained

"Well..However you travel I'll remember to thank Carlos when I get back to camp" I snickered 

"If you get back to camp" Lance reassured

"Thanks for the encouragement" Drake chimed in

"Ok everyone, now that we have introduced ourselves, we need to begin making a plan" I instructed. Everyone in the room nodded in agreement. I began striding over to the table in the centre of the room. On the table lay a 3D map of the area we were in right now, including the underground tunnels and caves. It was truly amazing. The map also seemed to be a live feed, I pinpointed our location and discovered when I moved, the little avatar on the map moved. The map was nearly all compleated, except for the huge towers and towards the back of the map, which I assumed was the enemy's camp. There the map was blurry, only showing the outside of the map. There was not much action on the battlefield currently except for the odd explosion.

"wow" I exclaimed out loud "where did you get this...thing?"

"Stuff a descendant of sorneum has been working on" Drake explained

"sorneum?" I questioned

"The dragon of technology" Drake responded. I hadn't really got all the dragons and their relating elements in my long term memory yet.

"we use this as a real-time battle strategy formulator" Lance disclosed as an explosion found its way onto the map.

"ok, can I get an update on our position on the battle. Apparently our simple skirmish to retrieve those two boys has turned into a full stakeout" 

Jockram laughed

"Your troops were struggling when we arrived, they were getting pushed back towards where you had set up the artillery. Most of your air support were shot down or to injured to fight. We managed to push the opposing force back far enough until they decided to withdraw their troops to formulate a new plan. Our forces then picked off a few stragglers"

"Like the one that attacked you" Drake added

"Ok.." I responded, all this information swimming through my head "So what are we going to do now? Are we going to stake out and wait, or counter them?"

Lance peered away, although there wasn't much to look at seeming we were ten feet underground.  

"What are you thinking about" Jockram asked. Lance turned around, his one eye searching the room restlessly.

"Nothing" He assured him. I turned to drake and he shrugged his sholders. 

"To answer your question commander" Jockram began, but I interrupted him

"Lets not make it a habit to call me commander, Just Jack" Jockrams face looked confused

"Ok then, Jack" He sounded uncomfortable calling me Jack, but it was better then commander

"We have not decided, we wanted to wait until you were found so you could make the decision yourself, we have constructed two possible way that we could battle the foes in the battlefield"

"The first one was my idea" Lance added triumphantly

"Yes thank-you Lance" The centaur sighed "The first counter-attack probability was to simply wait, this tactic provides many advantages, as well as disadvantages"

"And the second?" Drake asked

"We counter their attacks and advance quickly instead of just waiting, this one could potentially have many casualties and is more resource heavy"

"But which one weighs out to be better for everyone?" I asked. Jockram looked at Lance

"The one that would be more strategic would be the counter because we could rescue the boys quicker" I had almost forgot about the boys, all the confusion about the battle has taken by mind of the real reason why we were here. Everyone was now staring at me, waiting for a decision. Before I made my decision everyone in the room went silent, like the sound drained from the room. A voice filled my head, piercing pain flooded my body.

"Jack" The voice echoed in my head as I gripped my hair "We can stop all of this now, if you retreat I will let you survive peacfully"

"Who are you!" I screamed in fear and pain

"That dosn't consern you, if you want everyone to survive you must leave" The voice had a sinister cackle to it "Forget the boys, leave and you will be spared"

"Never!" I screamed in anger