Gearing up

'Are you kidding' I responded in a loud voice 'I'm not ready'

'You can take two companions, that's it' he answered

Two people popped into my head. Amanda, who I had to visit to see if she was ok, and Drake.

'When do I leave' I sighed

'Today, 3:00' he responded 'you can pack and tell your companions'

'Wait, what is the quest about?' I asked

Indego sighed 'two week ago three of our best campers went missing, Hamish, Ricky and Lewis, all from the Teskin cabin'

'So, you want me to find them?' I asked

'Yes and no, since you came there has been some funny things happening' he frowned 'some demons have escaped prison and so on'

I frowned 'so you want me to investigate?'

Indego studied me 'I need you to find the person we think us at the core of this, Carlos Forland, Son of Senorim'

'Ok' I replied uncomfortably 'he's the one who attacked me right?'

'Yes' Indego replied 'we would like you to capture him, alive preferably, and bring him to us, for questioning and in case you were wondering he was last seen at Falconkeep, 50 kilometres to the west of here'

'Thanks I replied as he walked off

I wondered of to the new medic cabin that they had build extremely quickly, to visit Amanda. I walked in, the floor was polished wood and the walls were white concrete. I walked over to her bed and her eyes fluttered open. 'hey' I said

She shot out of bed and hugged me, a warm fuzzy feeling flooded my body. She let go off me and smiled.

'I've been so worried about you!' she said 'I heard about the demon and all the attacks, but I haven't been able to move off this stupid hospital bed'

'Thanks' I managed 'when are you getting released?'

'Today' he said happily

'Great, because we have a quest to go on!' I replied

Her face lit up and she grinned ear to ear.

'Really!?' she asked

'Really' I responded

She shot out of bed and started collecting her stuff, that has been hurriedly shoved next to her bed.

'what are you doing?' I asked

'Packing for the quest!' she responded with a grin