Son of Sthenos

Chapter 3

Apparently the information I had just been given would probably be quite influential. I deduced this from the tone that Amanda took when discussing the situation. I let all the information set in my brain, after a while I finally asked 

"So do I get to be in control of everything?" The question seemed extremely arrogant and selfish.

I decided that I would sit up and as I did Amanda responded

"No you don't get to be in control of everyone, but the dragons that you descend from grant you curtain powers"
"Special powers, specific to your ancestral dragon?" I asked

"Almost, each dragon is affiliated with a theme as such, granting their son or daughter a power over that element or thing that the Dragon is affiliated with" she then proceeded to produce a small red flame spout from her hand.
"Woah" I said out loud as I gaped at the flame
"I descended from Tauntia, this dragon has a liking for fire so he granted me this power, it is kind of useless though, I can only spout flames a little bigger then this"
"So what power does sthenos have?"
Amanda turned to me and pondered my question "sthenos has a liking for reptiles, so you can control reptiles including dragons, but it will take a while to learn to control your powers" she warned me as I sat up when I sat up my head throbbed, it didn't hurt enough for me to not get up. It was with that move that Amanda seemed to snap out of her constant droning about dragons and finally notice me. She tried her best to stop me from getting up but failed. I tore of the blankets, pulled out my I.V drip and stepped on the cold timber floor.

Amanda protested to me saying that I was to injured to walk I pushed her aside and continued my way towards the door until I felt a huge wind blow me back. I flew through the air and slammed into the back of the room. I heard Amanda scream as I struggled to get up. I forced myself up to come face to face with a large man in a technological suit of armour. Every inch of his body was covered in steel plates and his voice had changed to be modulated

"So" the man talked in a scratchy and deep voice. The voice of pure evil. "I here you are the son of stenos" I staggered backwards until I ran into the wall, this guy was intimidating. Then I felt the cold metal underneath me. I turned and saw several assorted weapons lying on the ground. It seemed strange that the hospital would carry weapons but I didnt want to question it. I grasped my hands around a large spear. The man in the armour approached me, every step shaking the timber floor. I raised the spear so he could see it. "you think that spear can hurt... me!" He yelled with a laugh. My instincts kicked in.

I felt the electrical current in the room. Every electron seemed to coerse itself around me in perfect harmony. Maybe this was one of the powers Amanda was telling we about. I drew the current in towards me. They seemed to collect around the spear. Everything had slowed down to a hault but it was beginning to regain normal speed.

I raised the spear to be in line with the man's face. From the tip of the spear a huge thunderbolt shoot out of it and hit the man square in his glowing eyes. He crashed to ground emitting sparks. I had no idea that it would work but I was more then glad it did
Slowly the guy in armour started to recover. What! He rose up until he was floating in the air.

"You dare hurt me!" He shouted

He raised his hands and pointed them to either sides of the hut. He emitted fire from his fingertips until almost the whole cabin was engulfed by blue fire. I raised the spear and, not knowing what I was doing threw it at him, I hoped it would electrocute him again. The spear came into contact with his shoulder and stuck out in his armour.

"Arrrrrr!" he pulled the spear from his shoulder as something started to slither from the tip of the spear. Snakes! At first he kept walking towards me probably with intent to slice me up then explode me, but he noticed the ten or more snakes crawling up his armour. He tried to swat then off but they began to grow thicker and thicker until he couldn't move. He fell to the ground, most of his body covered in these huge reptiles. He managd a final word.

"Don't think this is the end Jack!" Even though I couldn't see him because he was covered in snakes I knew his armour had been pierced since there was a hollow crack. I ran to his body and collected the spear from the armour, throwing it aside. The snakes resided and I checked to see the body had disappeared.

The fire was still raging on beside me. Then I remembered Amanda was in the cabin. I pushed aside the flames and found her body. She was slightly burned and her blonde hair looked almost black with soot. I picked up her limp body and raced out of the cabin. a couple of medics were there and took her as I got the chance to admire the beautiful camp. The cabins I saw earlier were all aligned in a half U-shape. Many of the cabins were unique. Some looked like they were living computers where others were covered in exotic plants, many I had never seen before. I turned to look at the burning building. The flames leapt out of the windows threatening to burn the other buildings. I tried to not think that I just did that and focused on the camp. Opposite the cabins laid a massive lake with a bare island in the middle. When I looked closer I found that in the middle of the island laid a massive stone building and around it flew smaller versions of those dragons. Occasionally the stone fort in the middle of the island would spurt flames from the window. I could only assume that it was the fort Amanda told me about.

I walked up to the edge of the lake and admired the dragons. Multiple dragons were flying around, filling the skies. Twenty or thirty of them, but there was one of then that stood out. Red and black scales covered his body. It's head was red with black eyes. His tail was a dark purple with monstrous spikes on the tip. That dragon seemed so peaceful yet intimidating at the same time. I turned to get a better look at all the cabins. Seven amazing cabins aligned. In the middle was a large dining area and there was several other buildings joining with the U shape. The infirmity, a rusty old shed and the toilets and showers. Heaps of campers running around the burning medical cabin. I walked over to a tall man who was holding a hose spraying the burning Hospital.

"Hey, is there anything I can do to help?" he looked confused but the held out his hand and I shook it.

"Rowan, Camp Leader " his voice was calm but I sensed a little bit of anger. "so you burned down the medical supplies cabin on your first day, that must be a record" I nervously laughed.

"Hey im sorry about that, total accident" I replied

"Nah, don't worry about it" Our conversation was interupted by a massive explosion from inside the already burning cabin.