Attack on camp

The next time I met up with Cody was when I was at the newly build medical cabin, which they have made the temporary enlistment cabin. The line was crawling out the door with guys with all sorts of weapons. As I walked up the line, surveying every person there some of the weapons really stood out. One of the guys was wearing a leather tunic over the top of some gold chain male and he was equipped with a evil looking, self loading cross bow. These guys were full on about this. I saw Cody in the middle of the line, holding a cool looking sword, it looked like a royal Knights sword to me.
"Hey cody" I said to start the conversation
"Oh hey jack" he responded smiling "what you think of my sword?" He asked
"It's kick ass" I told him "where did you get it?"
"This was my dads, he was a dragon born to and used to carry this into battle"
"So battles like this were common back then?" I asked Cody
"Yeah, the demons attacked the camp frequently back then"
"So what happened?"
"What do you mean?" He asked in responce
"Why did they stop attacking camp?" he seemed to understand me this time
"They lost to frequently, got to many killed, no one really know, but no one is complaining"
"Oh alright" I responded "I need to see who signed up, do you know who is on the sign up table?" I asked
"I think Amanda is running it" he responded, Joy flooded me, I hadn't seen her since last night
"Do you know where Drake is?" I hadn't seen him since last night either
"I think that he is running the armory with indego" I was happy to know where he was, but not happy to know that he was working with indego.
"Alright thanks man" I said as I patted his back and walked away towards the front of the line. I was quite a few of the guys from the sthenos cabin in line, I didn't know many of their names because I had been sent on a quest my second day, but I noticed the cabin predictor there, dean. As I walked past I patted his shoulder to give him some courage. I reached the front of the line and entered the cabin, all the beds were empty, pushed to the side being replaced with the sign up desks. I saw Amanda taking down the name of a girl with flaming red hair. I waited until the girl was done before I approached Amanda. As soon as she saw me she beamed.
"Hey jack!" She said excitedly as she ran over to me
"Hey Amanda" I responded as we hugged "how is everything here?" I asked
"Great! So many people are signing up, we recon that about over one thousand five hundred people have signed up!" She resonded
"That's great!" I said, but was interrupted by a large boom from somewhere in the camp. I ran out to see what was going on. In the middle of the camp sat a huge demon. Just a single demon and a single rider. Immediately everyone armed themselves, drawing swords and notching arrows. The demon didn't move, nor the rider. Drake ran up to me and stood next to me.
"What's going on?" He whispered to me
"Trust me if I knew I would tell you" I whispered back. Suddenly the rider turned, notched and let loose an arrow faster the. I had ever seen. The arrow went flying into the crowd of people and found its place with a horrid thud. A scream went out within the crowd as I pulled my spear out and threw it towards the rider. The impact of the spear hitting the rider forced him off the dragon and sent the rest of the bow men into a shooting frenzy. Hundreds of arrows hit the demon, causing it to also crash to the ground. I ran over to see my spear sticking out of the riders chest. I pulled the spear and checked the rider, he was dead. What was the propose of this? Why did he do this? The demon and the rider started disintegrating into dust and blowing away in the wind, leaving no trace that anyone was here. Everyone was standing there in shock.
"Everything is fine!" I shouted towards everyone "please return to what you are doing!" Everyone seemed to mutter between them selves then slowly formed the line out of the medical cabin. Then I remembered that someone was shot. I sprinted into the medical cabin to see the damage, I saw that one single bed had been aligned back to normal and indego was lying on the bed, an arrow sticking out of his sholder. I ran over and saw various doctors and nurses crowding over him.
"Indego!" I shouted. He slowly turned to me and stared "what happened!"
"The demons did this on purpose" he managed to splutter out "I will be ok but I can't come to battle, I need you to lead the army" the news made a dead weight drop in the pit of my stomach.
"I've never lead an army" I told him, hoping he will change his mind
"Well there's a first for everything" he responded slowly. I didn't want to disappoint him so I told him I would and walked out of the room. Amanda and Drake both ran over to me looking for answers
"What happened there!" Drake asked me, shock painting his face
"Is indego alright? Amanda asked me
"Yes indego is alright, the demons did this in propose, they know we are going to attack and disabled our commander"
"Good move on their behalf" Drake said while crossing his arm
"So who will they choose to replace him, I mean they need someone to look after the army otherwise we will be blind out there" Amanda said thoughtfully "so who will be commander"
There was a silence as they stared at me waiting for a answer, I had no idea how they were going to respond.
"I am going to lead the army guys"