Demons

Chapter 5

We Reached the first room we came from and Rowan grabbed a huge circler shield from the shelf and a almost exact replica of a familiar brass hammer I had seen earlier although this hammer had two large spikes protruding from each hammer face. I heard crashing from the end of the corridor, then for a second the corridor brightened up from what I feared was a burst of flame. The flames continued to grow brighter until they flew out of the entrance we had recently came from.

 "Duck!" Rowan screamed, I didn't hesitate. 

I felt more flames reach my feet as I hit the floor. Rowan got up quickly and sprinted to the nearest large object, since the entrance of the corridor was lined with them. I did the same but went opposite him. Whatever it was, it was big. The amount of noise it was making was phenomenal. 

"What do I do!" I shouted to Rowan

"There's some weapons behind you, grab them and follow my lead!" he shouted back

I grabbed two majestic katanas in a desperate attempt to defend myself. I heard some screams emanating from above. The thing was getting closer! Me and Rowan were both looking at the corridor, waiting for the thing to come. I was very uneasy, this is beyond what I had ever exprerianced. Then suddenly all the crashing stopped. There was no sound. Me and Rowan waited for ages until we heard a sudden rumbling and the ground shook slightly, almost like the thing was running towards us.

BOOM! The monster slammed through the entrance, barely missing the sides. It was one of those demonic creature I had encountered back at home. The beast spluttered flames everywhere, hitting the metal shelves and weapons. Rowan made the first move, he jump on the box and used it as a spring board as he spammed his hammer on the Demon's snout. It screamed in pain as blood ran down his snout from the huge gash Rowan gave him. Rowan landed on the ground and commando rolled but the demon gave him one swipe with his deadly tail and Rowan went flying across the room. The demon approached Rowan, ready to strike and I leapt from my crate and swiftly slammed one blade against the beast's leg the other I plunged into in its side. I pulled out the blade and the demon screamed in pain as it limped towards the back of the room. I walked towards it, ready to bring it down but the demon opened its mouth and shot blue flames at me. I covered my face as the flames covered me. I expected to be dead but instead I was standing there, not burned the slightest. I raised both my katanas and charged at him. I brung down both my blades on the dragons neak.

The dragon gave a sigh of defeat and slumped to the ground. 

"heads up" I said. Rowan staggered over to me clutching his hammer for support.

"whoh" he said in shock "how did you...What huh?"

"come on smart one" I said

"hey!" Rowan shouted  "I think I broke it snout"

I supported him as we walked up the stairs to the camp. I the whole camp greeted us with disbelief, like we should be dead. This had happened twice in one day. A new world record! A brown haired boy sprinted over to me.

"Hey" he said between breaths

"Hi?" I replied

"Oh sorry, I should introduce myself" he paused "Drake, son of Ariam, I wanted to see if you we're ok"

"Oh thanks" I murmured.

"Are you ok?" he asked

"Yeah im fine but I think Rowan need some help" Drake turned and beconed for a medic. The medic arrived and collected Rowan. I turned back to Drake and asked

"so have you been here long?"

He took a while to think "I can't remember, I have always been here I guess"

His eyes looked like the hid sadness and sorrow, his brown hair was combed over and his short, blue pants were stained with soot.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure" he replied

"Can dragon-born usually dodge flames?"

"Yes" he replied as he lifted his hands to face the tunnel I had just came out of "watch this"

Swoosh! A waterfall of clear water gushed out of his hands and down the tunnel.

"All dragon-born have a certain power, wether it is physical or mental" I remembered Amanda told me that. He paused then glanced over his shoulder "I have to take you to your cabin"

"wow!" replied "I have a cabin?"

"Yep, everyone has a cabin, according to your dragon ancestor"

"oh yeah right now I remember, sorry, its been a hectic day"

"its alright, we've all had one of those days, except I dont think ive been targeted by two attackers and blown up a cabin but its alright"

"so whats your dragon ancestor?" I asked

" im a decendant of teskin, hes the water dragon, hence the waterfall from my hands"

He walked of and I followed him as we walked too my cabin.