Returning to camp

Carlos looked at the knife embedded in his chest and looked up at me. He stared at me with a blank face then suddenly slumped to the ground, his final battle won. I pulled the knife from his chest. Amanda and Drake walked up to me, relief painted on their faces. I wrapped my arms around them and squeezed them tight. Then all three of us turned to our Dragons who were politely purched next to the bodies of the other dragons they have slaughtered.
"This has been a epic adventure but I think I have had enough for today" Amanda sighed and slumped next to Phoenix
"That was intense guys, are you both ok?" I asked Amanda and Drake. They both looked at me with blank expressions and nodded "get some sleep, we need to leave for Camp tomorow and let them know so we can return to falcon keep with back up, Carlos warned us that it was heavily guarded and I don't want to risk any of our lives" drake and Amanda agreed as they drifted off to sleep. I decided to take the first watch of the night, Amanda and Drake were exhausted. In the morning we made off at first light, the cold morning air nipped at out faces, turning our noses red. We flew until mid-day when the sun was up, warming us to the bone. We stopped and talked for a bit until we made off again and continued riding until we reached camp. We landed on the dragon stable island and tied our Dragons up.
"What now?" Amanda asked
Drake spoke up "we need to talk to the leaders of the cabins to see if they are up for it"
"Sounds like a plan" I said with confidence "but we need to make sure to tall them that people may die on the fight, even us" Amanda and drake both nodded in agreeance. We exited the dragon stables and activated the bridge to get to the large camp on the other side of the stables. We walked across the bridge to find the normal day to day activities happening at the camp, training, building and creating more weapons. I aproached my cabin leader, Cody who I could see training my fellow people from my cabin. I walked up to him and tapped him on the sholder. He turned and surprise and happiness filled his face.
"Jack!" he shouted with joy "your back so quick!" He grabbed me and hugged me
"Hey Cody, hoy has it been here?" I asked him
"Good, everything is going as normal here" he responded, Joy still in his face
Me, Drake and Amanda continued to fill him in with the current predicament, he nodded at every time I said something big. After we filled him in he agreed to help us with our attack, but we needed to talk to Rowan first.