Chapter 27 ~ Making Up

Seeing the house I was raised in for one year really hit me hard. It was weird looking at what the house looked like in 1981, more specifically, the night my parents were murdered.

As Voldemort continued to make his way towards the house, we watched helplessly. "Voldemort is going to kill our parents, Max, and there's nothing we can do to stop him."

"That's not true," Scorpius stated.

"Son, now is not the time..." Draco said to our son.

"There is something you two could do, but you won't," Albus told us.

Ginny took Harry's hand. "That's heroic."

"Yeah, it is," Draco added, gripping my hand tightly. "We don't have to watch, you know. We can go home."

"We're letting it happen, Draco," I told him, turning his way. "Of course we have to watch."

"Then we'll all witness it," Hermione said firmly.

With that, we watched through the window of the house where Dad was running frantically towards Mum, telling her about taking us while he held Voldemort off. Suddenly, a blast was heard and seen, followed by an evil laugh. The green light flashing made Harry and I flinch. I squeezed Draco's hand, breathing heavily.

"It's okay," he whispered.

I nodded my head. "I know."

Once it was all over, we took Delphi and traveled back to the present with the Time-Turner. Ron and Hermione took Delphi to the Ministry while the rest of us headed back to Hogwarts to drop Albus and Scorpius off. When we arrived at the Slytherin Dungeon, Harry and Ginny went upstairs, so the three of us stayed down in the Slytherin Common Room.

"Mum, Dad..." Scorpius started, sitting on the couch as Draco and I kneeled in front of him and each took one of his hands. "I'm sorry," he blurted out, at the verge of tears. "I'm sorry for all of this."

"We know," Draco stated. "We're sorry, too."

"For what?" Scorpius asked, sniffling.

"For failing as parents, that's what," I answered. "Your father and I were so caught up in our problems that we didn't pay any attention to you. We didn't mean to make you feel lonely, Scorpius."

"I know," he said. "I wish you two would stop fighting already."

Draco huffed a sigh. "We know that our separation upsets you--"

"So fix it!" he spat out in frustration, then quickly composed himself. "Sorry. But now that we stopped Delphi and we're all safe, there's no excuse for you two to not sit down and talk to each other about your marriage."

I sighed. "Yes, you're right," I agreed with him, nodding my head.

Scorpius nodded his head as well. "Good. I hope we can be a family again."

Draco gave him an assuring smile. "We will."

Scorpius smiled, too, which I missed seeing. He yawned, stretching his arms. "Well, I'm worn out. All this time-traveling and saving the world has been exhausting."

"Don't I know that feeling," I muttered. "We love you, Scorpius. You know that, right?"

"Yes, I do," he said, nodding his head. "I love you guys, too."

We hugged our son, then pulling away, standing up and giving Scorpius one last smile before leaving the Slytherin Common Room. We were silent, making things tense and awkward all at once.

"So..." I began to say, not sure where I was going with it.

"So..." he repeated, sounding just as awkward as I was.