Chapter 7 ~ Heartfelt Talks and Scary Dreams

After talking with Draco and cleaning myself up, I changed into my pajamas and sat on the bed with Draco. We had an entire conversation, and I was happy about that. We were both tired of not having the time speaking to each other as the days went on, so tonight was a perfect night to make up what we had missed.

"Max?"

"Yeah?"

Draco paused for a moment. "If you could, would you bring Cedric back?"

I brushed a piece of hair from my face. "Time is a delicate thing to mess with. It would've been dangerous to do it. Besides, I can't keep living in the past. I have you and Scorpius now. That's all I really need."

Draco smiled. "Speaking of Scorpius, do you think we should talk to him before he leaves tomorrow?"

I thought about it. While I was thinking, I looked down at my wrist and had an idea. "I want to try talking to him."

So I got off the bed, followed by Draco, and went to Scorpius' room.

"Max, are you sure that you're up for it?" Draco asked me.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, I'm sure." I headed inside Scorpius' room and shut the door behind me. "Hey, Scorpius."

"Hi," he said, sitting on his bed.

I sat down with him. "Can we talk?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't feel like talking, Mum."

"You've been saying that all summer," I told him. "I think it's time that we talk."

He looked down at something in his hands. "I heard you crying earlier," he said all of a sudden. "Are you okay?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, I'm fine. Anyway, whatcha got there?"

Scorpius looked at what was in his hand and held it up. "Oh, it's a gift from Uncle Ron. It's a Spell-Checking Quill. It's used to correct misspelling."

"Cool," I said, smiling at him. "How are you, Scorpius?"

"I'm fine, Mum," he replied.

"I want to show you something," I told him. I pointed at my bracelet on my wrist and held it up for Scorpius to see.

"A bracelet?" he asked.

"I know it's probably too girly for you, but it means something to me. It used to be a necklace. I've had it since I was your age. I lost it one night. Uncle Harry found it for me and turned it into a bracelet and gave it to me for my seventeenth birthday."

"Where did you get all of these charms?" he asked.

"Well, the silver heart is from Cedric. He gave it to me the night before he died. The dog is from Sirius, my godfather. He gave it to me as a Christmas gift, which ended up being the last one I received from him. This one, the one with my name, is from Harry. I got it for my sixteenth birthday. He wrote me a letter with it. This blue eagle was from Dumbledore, which helped with the war."

"What about these last three?" Scorpius questioned.

I smiled. "You father gave those to me. They all represent something about me. It's the only thing of mine that I have left. I want you to have it. If you ever feel down or you just want to give up, look at this bracelet and know that your father and I will always love you and that we're here for you." For the first time since I was seventeen, I took off the bracelet. "You remind me so much of the ones that gave me these charms, so it seems fitting that this bracelet is yours now."

Scorpius took the bracelet and then looked up at me. "Thank you, Mum." He wrapped his arms around me.

"You're welcome, sweetheart," I said back. "I just want you to be happy, you know that?"