Chapter 16 ~ Fixing Things

Scorpius' POV

I was walking down the staircase when I thought about Albus again.

I was over him avoiding me every chance that he got. There was nothing I could do about it. I wished Uncle Harry would come to his senses and stop whatever he was doing. I was sure that Albus was feeling the same way. I missed having him around. Slytherin House was completely boring without him.

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, I decided to go outside and take a walk. I needed to clear my head. All of this was just getting too much for me. I huffed a sigh and enjoyed the quietness until someone jumped out in front of me, causing me to jump back.

"Okay, so I shouldn't really be here right now..." a girl said, making me instantly know who it was.

"Delphi?" I asked, sighing in relief. "You bloody scared me. What are you doing here?"

"I'm basically endangering our entire operation," she said. "I'm not a natural risk-taker, which you knew that already. I've never been to Hogwarts. Pretty lax security here, isn't there? There's so many portraits and corridors and--"

"Wait, you've never been to Hogwarts?" I cut her off.

"I was...unwell, as a child. For a few years, actually. Other people got to go, but I didn't."

"Oh," I simply said. "Sorry. I didn't know that."

Delphi shrugged her shoulders. "I don't advertise the fact. I prefer not to be seen as a tragic case, you know?"

I nodded my head. "Listen, Delphi, maybe it's too dangerous for you to be here."

"Well, someone's got to do something about what happened when you two went back in time," she replied.

"None of it worked," I informed her. "We failed."

"I know. Albus sent me an owl. The history books changed, but not enough. Cedric still died. In fact, failing the first task only made him more determined to win the second task."

"Ron and Hermione are acting funny as well," I added. "They've gone completely skew whiff."

Delphi sighed. "Well, everything is just confused and I'm glad you still have the Time-Turner. But right now, I'm here to get you and Albus back to talking to each other."

I scoffed. "Yeah, that'll never happen. Uncle Harry is being a dick and he won't let Albus even come near me."

"Since when did you start listening to your uncle? You and Albus are practically best friends. Every owl he sends I can feel your absence. He's destroyed by it."

"I've tried to see him, corner him in the corridors, talk to him, but he always finds an excuse to run off. It's frustrating me. I need him right now. My parents...they're separated right now...and it doesn't look good for them."

Delphi shot me a sad look, placing her hand on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry, Scorpius."

I shook my head. "Albus is my best friend, my only friend."

"You know, I didn't have a best friend when I was your age. I desperately wanted one. When I was younger, I made one up."

I laughed. "I did the same thing as a kid, called Flurry. We fell out over the correct rules of Gobstones."

Delphi smiled a bit. "Albus needs you, Scorpius."

"He needs me to do what?"

"That's the thing, isn't it? You don't know what he needs. You only know he needs it. Find him, Scorpius. You two are family, for Merlin's sake. Find him and make things right." Delphi turned around to walk away, but she stopped herself and looked at me. "You know, you and Albus remind me of your mum and his dad." With that, she smiled at me, then turned to walk away. She didn't stop this time.