Chapter 8 ~ A Heated Meeting and Argument

The next morning was hectic. I didn't get any sleep after waking up due to my nightmare. I kept on thinking I'd have more of them. Not only that, but I thought the pain that came from my forehead would come back as well. Fortunately, I managed to wake up in time for breakfast.

I got up from bed and headed to the kitchen. I found Draco and Scorpius already eating at the table. I grabbed a mug and poured myself some coffee and sat down in between Draco and Scorpius.

"Morning, Mum," Scorpius greeted me.

"Morning," I replied, smiling at my son.

"How are you feeling, love?" Draco asked me, giving me a concerned look.

"Fine," I said, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Is your...head still hurting?" Draco questioned, his eyebrows raised.

"No, it's not, thanks," I said, shooting him a reassuring look.

"Did you have a headache last night, Mum?" Scorpius asked me as he was finishing up his plate.

"Just a small one," I assured him. "But it's not a big deal. Go check to see if you have everything packed, okay?"

"Okay," Scorpius replied, nodding his head as he got up from the table and went upstairs.

Draco looked at me. "What was that all about? We can't talk about your head hurting in front of Scorpius now? He didn't suspect anything."

"Draco, Scorpius isn't stupid. He'll figure it out eventually. Besides, I don't want him worrying about it."

"What, about Voldemort returning?" Draco blurted out.

I widened my eyes. "Voldemort is not returning. He's dead!" I hissed at him.

"Are you sure about that?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Draco, Harry and I killed him. I don't know about you, but I remember that day very well." I got up from my seat and finished the rest of my coffee and put my mug in the sink.

For the rest of the morning, the three of us got ready to go to King's Cross to drop off Scorpius. He was going to be starting his fourth year at Hogwarts, along with Albus and Rose. I hoped his fourth year would be better than mine. The entire Wizarding world knew how rough that year was for me, Harry, and Amos Diggory.

I spotted the Potter family when we arrived at King's Cross. When Harry saw me, he turned to Ginny and muttered something quick before rushing towards me.

"You two go ahead," I told Draco and Scorpius. "I'll catch up with you guys before the train leaves."

"Okay, see you on the platform, then," Draco replied, then giving me a kiss on my temple. He gave Harry a nod before he took Scorpius to the platform.

"Did your scar hurt last night?" Harry asked in a concerned tone.

I nodded my head. "You?"

He nodded back. "Yeah, it did."

"What do you think it means?" I questioned.

"No idea," Harry replied, shrugging his shoulders. "You don't think that he's still alive, do you?"

I scoffed. "Harry, we killed Voldemort twenty-two years ago. We watched him die. Do you really think he came back from the dead?"

"I mean, it's a possibility, isn't it?" he retorted.

I rolled my eyes. "Voldemort will come back when Ron starves to death."

Harry chuckled at this. We headed onto the platform to say goodbye to our kids. I went up to Scorpius and gave him a hug.