Chapter 6 ~ Confronted by Amos Diggory

One Year Later

"I told you."

"Stop it."

"I was right once again."

"I get it."

"I'm the smart twin. I will always be the smart twin."

"Max, shut up."

Harry and I were bickering as we were heading towards his office. I proved to be smarter than he was. Of course this wasn't the first time I had proven myself. During our teenage years I had told and shown my brother numerous times that I was the genius out of the two of us.

When we got to his office, Hermione was already there. She was behind Harry's desk, looking at all of the paperwork that he had.

"How did it go?" she asked.

"It was true," Harry and I said at the same time.

"Theodore Nott?"

"In custody," we replied.

"And the Time-Turner itself?" Harry took the device out of his pocket and revealed it to Hermione. "Does it work? As in, it goes back further than just an hour?"

"We don't know anything yet," Harry responded. "Max and I wanted to try it out there and then, but wiser heads prevailed."

"Well, now we have it," Hermione said.

"And you're sure you want to keep it?" Harry asked.

"I don't think we have a choice. Look at it. It's entirely different to the one that I had."

Harry handed her the Time-Turner. "Apparently, wizardry has moved on since we were kids."

I scoffed. "Got that right."

"You're bleeding," Hermione told Harry. He went to a mirror to wipe the blood off with his robes. "Don't worry, it'll go with the scar."

I snorted while Harry turned back around and grinned. "What are you doing in my office?" he asked Hermione.

"Well, for one thing, I was anxious to hear about Theodore Nott. I went to look for Max first, but I couldn't find her. So I came here to look for you. I also came to see if you had kept your promise and were on top of your paperwork."

Harry looked at his desk, paper spread out all over. "Ah. Turns out I'm not."

"Not surprising," I mumbled under my breath.

"How can you get anything done in this chaos?" she inquired.

With the wave of his wand, Harry managed to put his paperwork into neat piles. He shot Hermione a proud look. "There. No longer chaotic."

Hermione looked like she was about to scold Harry, which was my cue to leave. I hurriedly got out of Harry's office and made my way to my own office. September was almost here, just one more day until Scorpius would start his fourth year at Hogwarts.

The summer was long and hard for the Malfoy family. Scorpius continued to isolate himself while Draco and I were too busy with work to even sit down and have a conversation. I was hoping that Scorpius would get out of this phase that he was in. I knew that he was a teenager, but it was bothering me that my own son wouldn't even utter a word to me.

I went to my office and packed up my things for the night. I looked at the clock and saw that it was almost seven. I sighed and continued packing my things when I heard the door open.

"Harry, I didn't mean to gloat in your face about--"

"Max."

I stopped what I was doing and turned around. "Draco? I thought you already left."