Chapter 15 ~ Just Like Old Times

Harry's POV

I was in the kitchen with Ginny, using my wand to put up the clean dishes in the dishwasher while she wiped the counters and the table with a rag. There had been some tension between us ever since Albus and Scorpius went missing. But things between us got worse when I told her that I wanted Albus to stay away from Scorpius. She didn't seem too happy about that.

"You shouldn't have done that, you know," she told me, still wiping the counters.

"It was the right decision," I replied, sitting down at the table.

Ginny scoffed. "You almost sound convinced."

"You told me to be honest with him, but I actually needed to be honest with myself, trust what my heart was telling me."

Ginny finished with the counters and threw the wet rag into the sink. She turned around and looked at me. "Harry, you have one of the greatest hearts of any wizard who has ever lived, but I don't believe your heart told you to do this." Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. "Saved by the door." She went to go answer it and had a confused look on her face when she opened the door. "Draco?"

Sure enough, Draco came inside and stood in front of the table, looking at me. "I won't be long. I just need to talk to you alone."

We looked at Ginny, who nodded her head and left the kitchen.

"What is it?" I asked him. I had a feeling that I already knew what he wanted to talk about.

"I'm not here to antagonize you. But I went to Hogwarts and talked to Scorpius today and he broke down in tears. I told him that I would talk to you about why you would keep Scorpius and Albus apart."

"I'm not keeping them apart," I lied.

"You threatened Albus and McGonagall. Scorpius is hurt and upset about this and I am as well."

"I was sure Max would tell him," I muttered.

"Tell him what?"

"That Scorpius should stay away from Albus for a little while."

"Oh, so you're dragging my wife in this now? You put her in a position where she had to go and tell Scorpius that he couldn't hang out with his cousin anymore. Why? Because his uncle was being a dick."

"Draco, I have to protect my son," I protested.

"From Scorpius?"

"Bane told me that he sensed a darkness around my son, a black cloud, and if that darkness is Scorpius--"

Draco let out a scoff. "Right, like that makes any sense whatsoever. You're going to believe the word of a centaur?"

"He said the same thing to Max about Scorpius."

"I think you're becoming a special kind of stupid now."

Frustrated, I slammed my hands on the table and stood up from my seat. "You know, I'm actually glad that Max left you."

Draco gave me a deadly look. "You take that back. Right now."

"Cedric would've made a better husband and father," I snapped.

Draco took his wand out. "Max might hate me after this, but I'm gonna have so much fun hurting you."

I quickly took my wand out and pointed it at Draco. "Watch it, Draco. Remember what happened in the bathroom during our sixth year? I remember the spell."

All of a sudden, we shouted, "Expelliarmus!" Our wands collided, but in a few short seconds they broke apart.

"Incarcerous!" Draco yelled.