Chapter 11 ~ Going Back in Time

This chapter is in Scorpius' POV! I've never done a chapter in his POV before (obviously), but I hope you enjoy this chapter anyway! :)

The stars were glowing brighter and brighter as Albus and I continued walking through the Forbidden Forest. I was thinking of what we were about to do and how stupid and dangerous this plan was. I didn't know how Delphi convinced Albus that going back to save Cedric was a good idea, but he was determined to go through with this plan. I thought about our parents, knowing that they were probably worried sick about us.

As we continued walking, I was positive that I heard the sound of someone calling our names from a distance. I stopped walking and turned around, looking if I could see anyone.

"Did you hear that?" I asked.

"Hear what?" Albus replied.

I turned back around, facing Albus. "It sounded like someone just called our names," I said. "Do you think it's our parents?"

"I didn't hear anyone, Scorpius," Albus retorted. "Come on. Let's keep moving." He began to walk away from me.

I shook my head and looked back behind me one more time, making sure that no one was there. I caught up with Albus and strolled beside him, getting more and more anxious about this plan.

"And there it is," I announced.

"Yup," Albus said. "Hogwarts. Never seen this view of it before."

"Same here," I replied, chuckling a bit. "Still get a tingle, don't you? When you see it?" I waited for Albus to respond. When he didn't say anything, I continued talking. "From the moment I first heard of it, I was desperate to go. I mean, Dad didn't like it much there, but Mum did. She called Hogwarts her home, just like your dad did, Albus. But the way they described it to me, I wanted to go so bad. From the age of ten I'd check the Daily Prophet first thing every morning, certain that some sort of tragedy would have befallen it, certain that I wouldn't get to go."

"And you got there and it turned out to be terrible after all," Albus retorted in a bitter tone.

"Well, all I ever wanted to do was go to Hogwarts and have a mate to get up to mayhem with. You know, just like the Potter twins, and I got Harry Potter's son, who happens to be my cousin, because my mum is Harry Potter's sister. How fortunate is that?"

"But I'm nothing like my dad," Albus said. "And to be honest, no matter how many will disagree with me, you're nothing like Aunt Max."

"What does it matter? We're better than our parents, and you're my best friend, Albus, and this is mayhem to the nth degree, which is great, thumbs-up great. It's just...I've got to say...I don't mind admitting...I am a tiny bit...just a tiny bit scared."

Albus shook his head and smiled. "You're my best friend, too, and don't worry. I have a good feeling about this."

We were standing there for a moment when we heard Uncle Ron's voice from a distance. "Albus? Scorpius?"

"We've got to go," Albus told me, looking determined. He wrapped the Time-Turner around his neck, then around my neck. He looked up at me. "You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," I answered.

With that, Albus turned the Time-Turner a few times, making it vibrate. Suddenly, we began to move around in circles. Everything around us was quickly turning into a bright light. And then...

WHOOSH!

Albus and I held hands as we closed our eyes and waited to see what happened next.

The hope that we wouldn't die doing this was all I could think when we fell down on the ground.

"Did it work?" I asked Albus, groaning as I sat up, rubbing my neck.