Coffee Drinkers Make Better Lovers (Forty-Five) {Conclusion}

Breath catching, Sonny blinked twice, her mind trying to process this information. Jack answered the door instead of Dixie. That could only mean one thing. Well, two if Sonny was to believe the ridiculous idea that Jack beat her to the cabin, assaulted Dixie, and had her tied up and gagged somewhere. The much less complicated and sensible answer was that Jack and Dixie were...

Thoughts trailing off, Sonny finally allowed her lungs to do their intended job and breathed. It was a shaky breath, louder than the evening wind rustling through the surrounding oak trees. Unable to prevent herself from doing so, she promptly burst into tears, only to find herself wrapped in Jack's arms within a couple of heartbeats.

"Ssh ssh," Jack softly comforted, rubbing along the length of her back. "Please don't cry, Sonny. It's all right."

Removing her face from the crook of Jack's dampened neck, Sonny gazed up at her, wearing the tiniest of smiles. "I wished...I secretly wished that Dixie was you," pausing, she took a deep shuddering breath. "I guess those little things really do come true sometimes."

The pair shared a soft chuckle before Jack asked, "You're not upset with me?"

"Perhaps later on after I've truly had a chance to think about all of this I'll discover the desire to kick your ass all the way home." Sonny playfully grinned, as did her companion. "However, at this moment I couldn't be anymore ecstatic." Noticing Jack's lips, which were so close that she could feel wisps of warm breath, Sonny realized that she couldn't wait another moment to have them on her own. "Please kiss me, Jack."

Smiling, Jack began to lower her head as she whispered, "Your wish is certainly my command, Sonny girl." Jack brushed her lips against Sonny's twice in an almost teasing fashion before she decided to add more pressure, moulding her mouth against her beloved's. They released equal sized moans into the air, holding each other tighter, their kiss deepening, tongues languidly exploring.

Wanting a bit more privacy, Jack gently pulled Sonny inside of the cabin while managing to keep contact with her lips the entire time. After unceremoniously dropping her backpack on the floor, Sonny felt her back brush against the closed door, a pair of hands roaming up and down the sides of her body, and an incredibly soft mouth gently sucking her tongue into it. The entire length of her body felt as though it was on fire, a delicious fire that she wanted extinguished yet at the same time didn't. Slipping a hand underneath the back of Jack's shirt, Sonny felt the heat of her naked skin and ached to feel more. In fact, she wanted to caress every inch of Jack's body, and had every intention of doing so.

When Jack came up with the idea of them going upstairs, Sonny readily agreed. After temporarily ceasing the heated kisses with a great amount of difficulty, the pair almost flew up the flight of stairs leading to the loft. Stopping on the last step, Sonny stared at the scene before them while Jack stood off to the side, watching her face. It was simple yet breathtaking.

Red and white rose petals were strewn on the floor leading to the double bed, which was also covered with a few of the fragrant flowers along with one long stemmed red rose placed against a pillow. Instead of using the lamp, Jack had created natural light with a few white candles lit around the small space. The glow of one candle near her illuminated Sonny's smiling face, somehow managing to make her appear even more beautiful.

Slowly walking toward Jack, she softly kissed her lips. "I love it," after a brief pause she added, "And I love you."

For a split second, Jack figured that her heart would swell out of her chest due to those three little words, which she had ached to hear. With her throat tightening, joyous tears sprang to Jack's eyes. "I love you too, Sonny. Damn, I love you so much," she fervently whispered just before her mouth sought out the other woman's.