Your Warmth, Your Smell, Your Taste...Ooh, Coffee... (Thirty-Eight)

Since Jack insisted that they must go to the hospital in order to see Little Jack and Melanie before they left today, she and Sonny had just returned from Rockledge and now Sonny was just getting ready to pack her belongings. As she neatly placed clothing into her suitcase, she thought of what a terrific weekend it was despite Jack having been attacked by her psycho cousin Alicia, in spite of she herself being arrested, and Jack and Melanie being lost for hours. Sonny lightly chuckled. No one could say that this had been by any means a boring weekend.

She smiled, thinking how much closer she and Jack had become during the weekend. She felt the beginnings of a bond between them, and it thoroughly delighted her. No, with she and Jack becoming closer, with her friend instantly connecting with her family, and the addition of Little Jack to the family, it had been a spectacular weekend never to be forgotten. Sonny was extremely happy that she had asked Jack to come along. It was probably one of the best decisions that she had ever made.

So lost in her thoughts, she failed to hear the knocking on the door and therefore was nearly scared out of her wits when she felt a light tap on her shoulder. Gasping, she turned around to see her brother standing behind her, a smile on his handsome face, which he tried so desperately to conceal. Smirking, Sonny placed her hands on her hips before asking him what he was smiling at. Shaking his head, Isaac evidently declined to answer since he continued to silently stand there.

Arching a brow, his sister looked at him curiously, wondering what was on his mind. She had a feeling that he most likely had something to say that she didn't care to hear. "Well? Is there something I can do for you, Isaac?"

Wordlessly nodding, Isaac walked back toward the bedroom door and peeked out looking both ways. Relieved that no one was coming, he closed the door walking back to the bed and taking a seat on it, Sonny doing the same. Drawing a leg beneath him, Isaac turned so that he was facing her. Sonny watched as he cupped his left hand in his right and proceeded to crack his knuckles. Wincing because the sound always grated on her nerves, Sonny also grew alarmed. The only times she'd known Isaac to crack his knuckles was when he was nervous or upset about something. Observing the expression on his face, she concluded that he was now nervous. She inwardly sighed. About what? He hasn't said one single word!

About to scream due to the obnoxious habit, Sonny reached out and covered one of Isaac's hands with her own before he could start to crack the knuckles of his right hand. Again, she asked him if there was anything that she could do for him.

Gently disengaging his hand from hers, Isaac folded his together in his lap. "Actually, Sonny, I wanted to speak with you about something. Something that I've been thinking about for the past couple of days. Now I--"

Isaac stopped speaking when his sister held up a hand. Looking at her bewildered expression, the man wondered what she was thinking. He had no idea that she was thinking he had just jumped on the bandwagon and wanted to become a member of the "we want Jack and Sonny together" club.

"Isaac, I know that you're just trying to help, but whether Jack and I end up together or not is solely our business, and I'm a little bit fed up with everyone trying to get involved. The last time I checked, this was my life and only my life. It's my decision what I choose to do with it and with whom. Understand?" She just couldn't believe that her playboy brother was attempting to give her advice on her love life. He wouldn't know romantic love if it came up and bit him on both sides of his ass, and then introduced itself!

Albeit thoroughly confused, Isaac slowly nodded. "Um, yes, I understand, Sonny, but I didn't want to talk about you and Jack and your relationship...or lack thereof."

Albeit now thoroughly embarrassed, Sonny managed to locate her voice. "Oh?"

Nodding again, her brother offered a sweet smile. "Oh."