DEJA BREW: The Feeling You've Had This Coffee Before (Five)

"Oh, crap," Jack mumbled, leaning forward on the couch with a hand covering her recently assaulted eye. Pain radiated through her head and eye as she closed it. During the next few minutes, she remained immobile until the sharp pain receded to a dull ache. "That woman packs a hell of a punch, " she said out loud, carefully rising from the couch. Gently pressing fingertips to the area around her eye, Jack winced, sure that she was going to have a pretty good shiner in the morning. And this week just keeps getting better and better.

Hearing a knock at the door, Jack sighed loudly. She wouldn't have been surprised if her next visitor was Sonny wielding an Uzi. Either that, or Laura has returned to finish me off. Shuffling towards the front door, she looked through the peephole, using her good eye. She was totally wrong. The visitor was Leslie and she did not have a weapon as far as Jack could tell. Opening the door, Jack grabbed the woman by the hand and pulled her inside before shutting and locking the door. When she turned to Leslie, she heard the woman softly gasp as she reached up and lightly touched Jack's eye, causing the woman to wince again.

"Oh, Jack, I'm sorry. What happened? Who did this to you?" Leslie asked in an almost panicky voice. Her eyes swept the area as though expecting the person responsible to be standing around.

"Would you believe that I had a run in with a door?" Jack countered as she grinned, trying to make light of her injury. When Leslie's expression remained serious, she said, "Let's just say that someone who is a friend of Sonny Campbell's was a little pissed off with me due to my brutal honesty about wanting to ruin her business. So, I guess she felt that her fist and my face should become better acquainted. Left not too long before you arrived. You probably passed each other on the street." Turning around, Jack headed toward the den. "Let's go sit down." Without further comment, Leslie followed her.

Arriving in the den and at the couch, Jack took a seat before leaning down and picking up her drink. Taking a long sip from the glass, Jack found that she had nearly drained it. Glancing over to Leslie who had taken a seat next to her on the couch, she asked if the woman would care for a drink.

"Yes, please," Leslie answered, putting her purse down on the coffee table. "I'll have what you're having."

Nodding, Jack stood up and headed over to the bar. Obtaining a glass for Leslie, she picked up the bottle of cognac sitting on the counter. Filling both hers and Leslie's glass, she brought the drinks over to the couch, handing one to the consultant.

"Thanks, Jack." Bringing the short glass to her lips, Leslie took a sip, producing a pleased moan at its taste. "Mmm... cognac. Good cognac," she said, smiling over at Jack. "You've always enjoyed it."

Jack nodded in agreement, offering Leslie a wink with her good eye. "Nothing but the best."

Both women sat in silence for the next few minutes, savoring their beverages, lost in their own thoughts. Turning her head to look at Jack's profile, Leslie thought of how beautiful she was. Perfect cheekbones, the most illuminating eyes... soft full lips. Fondly, she remembered how those lips used to kiss her. At times, light and soft and at others, hard and with such passion. Leslie nearly shivered as she recalled just how very passionate a woman Jack could be.

Allowing her eyes to wander down, Leslie took in the other woman's breasts that were easy to define due to the tightness of her tank top. If she remembered correctly, they fit perfectly in the palms of her hands and were round, perky and so very pleasing to squeeze. Eyes traveling down further, Leslie recalled those creamy thighs that she loved to place kisses on, though she could not see them because Jack was wearing a pair of jeans. Leslie bit on the inside of her lower lip. Oh, how she wanted Jack back in her arms and in her bed again.