Sleep is a Symptom of Caffeine Deprivation (Two)

Sonny softly moaned, hearing a feminine voice calling her name. Slowly opening her eyes, she blinked a few times before she could focus on the concerned looking woman standing over her. It was then that she noticed the woman's eyes. They were a crystal blue.

"Blue," Sonny uttered in a faint voice.

The woman leaned down so that she could hear her better. "Hmm? I didn't hear you clearly, hon. What did you say?"

A golden brown head shook against the pillow in the hopes of clearing foggy thoughts. Glancing around, she noticed that she was in what appeared to be a hospital room. Feeling a dull aching in her left arm, she looked down at it to notice that she was wearing a white cast on her forearm. She must have broken it in the accident. The accident. A car struck her. Looking up at the woman... the gorgeously breathtaking woman standing next to her bed, Sonny wondered if she was the one responsible for the collision.

Deciding to voice the question that most people who wake up in a hospital after an accident inquire, Sonny inquired, "What happened?"

Releasing a long sigh while appearing quite uncomfortable, her visitor ran slim fingers through dark hair. "You were in an accident," she started. "I hit you with my car. I'm so sorry. To tell you the truth, I was talking on my cell phone and wasn't paying attention to where I was going. By the time I noticed you, I attempted to swerve, but it was just too late." Reaching down, she briefly patted Sonny on the shoulder. "But you're going to be just fine. The doctor said that you have a slight concussion and your left arm was fractured in the impact, but other than those things, just a few minor bruises. How do you feel?"

"I feel like I was hit by a car," Sonny replied, softly chuckling.

The woman looked at her in surprise. "You seem to be taking this well."

Sonny smiled at her. "Guess you could call me a good sport. I was very lucky. Things like that teach you not to ever take life for granted, you know?"

The woman nodded, speechless. If the situation had been reversed, she knew that she would have been going off at the person responsible for nearly taking her life, no matter if it was an accident or not.

"How are you?" Sonny suddenly inquired.

An eyebrow arched. "How am I?"

"Yes." Green eyes trailed the length of her body, unable to notice any scratches or bruises. "Were you hurt?"

The woman shook her head in bewilderment. Sonny quite possibly was one in a million. "Let me get this straight. I hit you with my car because I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. You're the one in the hospital bed and you're asking me how I'm doing?"

Nodding, the patient suddenly realized that she had a wicked headache. "Is that so strange?" Feeling a slight pressure on her forehead, Sonny reached up and touched the area to notice that there was a band wrapped around her head. She winced at a particularly tender spot.

"I guess it isn't. Just very noble of you. I'm just fine. Not a scratch on me." Noticing as Sonny winced, she added, "The doctor had to give you a few stitches in your forehead, but he mentioned that there probably wouldn't be much of a scar, if any."

"Oh, I don't mind having a scar. It'll be a cool visual when I tell my grandchildren the story of how you and I met." Sonny smiled again. The other woman decided that she liked the way the golden-haired brunette did that. Sonny possessed the kind of smile that could light up a room. No, perhaps an entire city.

A hint of a smile appeared on her lips. "The story of you and I?"

Sonny nodded. "Yes. And if I'm going to tell them the story, then I should know your name." She extended her hand towards the other woman. "My name is Madison Campbell, though you probably already know that. Everyone just calls me Sonny." She fondly smiled as an image of the person fifty percent responsible for her existence, flashed within her mind. "Well, except for my mother."