Love Days When My Only Problem is Tea or Coffee (Thirty)

All three women had different reactions to the sudden kiss. Snapping her open mouth closed, Sonny attempted to conceal and deny her jealous anger while shoving her hands into the pockets of her pants, afraid she might reach out and slap a certain someone. Jack adopted a calm, friendly expression though she was surprised by the kiss and nervous because Sonny had witnessed it. She glanced toward her friend, unable to tell what she was thinking. Meanwhile, Alicia openly showed just how much she enjoyed kissing Jack. It was obvious that she wouldn't object to doing it again and again, her grin displaying just about every tooth, which resided in her mouth.

"So..." Sonny started, breaking the thick silence that had settled between the trio, "you ladies must know each other." Desiring to smack her cousin into the next century, she glanced between the pair, waiting for either of them to offer an explanation.

"Yes, we do." A saucy smile slipped onto Alicia's reddened lips. "Jack and I know each other very well. Don't we, Jack?" she innocently asked, gazing at the woman through hazel eyes, which reminded Jack of Annette's.

Jack mutely nodded, beginning to feel quite uncomfortable. She glanced toward the deck fervently wishing that someone would come into the house, but evidently, they all felt content to remain outside. Certainly, someone must need to use the bathroom, make a phone call, or get something out of the kitchen! Of all people to come calling at the Campbell residence. This would not help her to get any closer to Sonny.

Sonny's hands remained in her pockets as she clenched her teeth, fertile mind imagining all sorts of sexual scenarios involving her cousin and Jack. Sure, she'd rather not think about them in that way, but it was impossible to get the images out of her head. Of all the people in the world she slept with this...this snobby twit? Just what were you thinking, Jack? She could see how Jack would be attracted to and involved with Leslie for instance, but Alicia?

Of course, she was beautiful, standing at five feet nine with a slim hourglass figure, finely chiseled features, a fair, smooth complexion and a flaming curly red mane, but it's what's on the inside that counts. Or at least it should be. And inside, Alicia Hastings, daughter of business tycoon Charles Hastings III, was a spoiled, conceited ice princess who wouldn't know common courtesy if it walked up and bit her square on her perfectly round ass.

"Were you a...couple?" Sonny haltingly inquired, wondering why she was putting herself through that torture.

Alicia nodded, winking at Jack. "Indeed we were for about four months back in college, which was where we met. At the time, Jack was a freshman and myself a senior. I guess you could say that I took her under my wing." The redhead released a small chuckle as she appraised the now powerful, wealthy and self-assured beauty before her. A lot had changed since the last time she was in Jack's company. "I must say that you look incredible, Jack," Alicia honestly admitted, feeling nostalgic.

The only person that she had ever loved more than herself was Jacqueline Foster. That was one of the reasons she had decided to end their relationship. The teenager made her feel things that she was incapable and unwilling to deal with, so Alicia deemed it safer to just let go before she got to the point where she couldn't. She should have known that would happen, as Jack captivated her too much from the very start.

"Is this seat taken?"

The glass, which had just been topped off for the third time, paused inches before her lips as she glanced toward the right. "Yes. My imaginary friend is occupying it. Go see an optometrist." Refocusing on her foamy beverage, she missed the smirk. However, while commencing to drink, she heard the bottom of the stool scrape across the wooden floor, the inquiring redhead soon sitting atop it.