Infected Do Come Handy At Times, Crazy Huh?

Chapter 32-

**Caden’s POV**

I didn’t sleep at at. Literally. I think I had purple bags under my eyes by now. I stayed watching Elli the whole night. And since everyone kept asking and telling me I should get some sleep. I told them that I would take the shift of looking out for any infected nearby.

It was now 8’o clock in the morning and I felt like I hadn’t even blinked.

Elli hadn’t woken up not even once. I take it she’s still sleeping.

I was missing the fact that by this time Mike and me would be making fun of the people sleeping. We always did that. He would probably be working out by now. Doing as many push-ups as he could, so he could keep his abs in form. I smirked knowing he hated the quiet. He would probably be making noises right now.

I felt an arm on my shoulder and I didn’t move. I just stayed still.

But then I heard someone sniff. I turned around and Elli was there, her eyes red and puffy from crying.

“How long have you been up?” I asked.

“Half an hour ago” She whispered. She had bags under her eyes also, even though she slept the whole time.

She came closer and I hugged her. She started crying again, and it was going to be like this for a week minimum. But I was here for her. Hell, she could take a month if she needed it.

“I miss him, so much” She said. Well at least she was a little more composed today.

“Me too, I know how you feel” I told her.

“It’s not fair” She said. “He didn’t deserve it”.

“Of course not, but there was nothing we could do about it” I said while hugging her tight.

She nodded. “I know, but I can’t help feeling like all of this was my fault”.

I turned to her. “No, stop thinking like that. He wouldn’t want you putting the whole blame on you, and you know that”.

“I know but it’s something I can’t help on thinking” She said.

“Stop, don’t blame yourself, it wasn’t your fault” I told her, hugging her once again.

“How long till we get to the shelter” She asked me.

Before I could answer her, someone else did for me. “Two days maximum” Kyle said.

We both turned to look at him. “I wasn’t being nosy, but I accidently heard everything” He said.

“Don’t worry, everyone knows about it anyways” I said.

He shrugged. “I’m sorry” He said.

“Thank you” We said.

Actually him and Josh and Amanda and bugger were the only ones that told us that.

“If you guys need anything I can help with, don’t hesitate on telling me” He said. It was nice of him. He was way younger than us.

“Thanks man” I said.

“Mike was an awesome person” He commented. This got Elli to cry harder, yes she was still crying. Poor her.

“I’m going to the bathroom” Elli said.

We both nodded and I motioned for Kyle to go outside and talk.

“Yeah he was” I said, answering his earlier comment. “Always putting other’s lives before his”.