12th Grade (Senior) -Part Six

Harry's POV

Everything seemed in slow motion as I sprinted home, and I could hear Louis running behind me, and I didn't want him to see the hot tears falling down my cheeks.

"Harry! Wait!"

That voice. The voice that made my heart beat a million times per minute.

My lungs were screaming at me, and I took in a huge breath when I finally arrived at my house.

I didn't let myself look back when I opened the door, ran up the stairs, and fell into a heap on my bedroom floor.

But Louis' bright, crinkly-eyed smile, and his messy hair, and his raspy high voice wouldn't leave my mind.

Especially when Louis came crashing through my door, sliding and laying down right next to me. I jumped and widened my eyes as I stared at the tanned boy in front of me, who's cheeks were flushed red and covered in wet tears.

"Who let you in?" I sighed, rolling away so no part of him was touching me.

"Myself, duh." Louis gave a watery laugh, but I watched him blink tightly as more tears brimmed his eyes.

I stared at him, feeling the walls of anger I'd built around me crumble slightly as Louis' fell apart in front of me, and I took a few deep breaths as a sobbing noise threatened to escape my lips.

But it didn't work, I broke down into another round of tears, flinching as Louis tried to place a comforting hand on my arm.

"Leave me alone," I gasped through my heavy breaths and shaking shoulders. Louis looked torn as he watched me, and even though comforting arms were exactly what I needed, I couldnt' let him touch me.

So we stared at each other, crying like fools, and I wrapped my arms around myself in an effort to comfort myself.

"Harry, I'm sorry."

I shook my head, staring at my ceiling, and I could feel my lip trembling.

"Here. You can take my phone." Louis dug in his pocket and came out with his phone, and he held it out to me.

I pushed his hand away. "No. I already saw it."

"Harry please. I don't know what to do. Just please tell me what to say," Louis begged. "I hate when you're mad at me."

"I hate Nick," I mumbled.

"Harry! He's a good guy! You said you would try!"

"Of course you say that. You're his 'babe'," I scoffed.

Louis looked away, gulping. "Harry, it isn't like-"

"It's exactly like that," I spat. "And you know it."

And then we sat there in silence for a few minutes, and it was so quiet I was sure Louis could hear my rapid heartbeat.

"I hate fighting with you," I whispered. "But think about it from my side. How would you feel if I was hanging out with some other guy, all the time, and we had pet names, and I ignored you all the time?"

And then Louis burst into tears, letting out little whimpers that broke my heart.

"I'm such a selfish jerk, Harry!" He cried, covering his face. "I keep thinking about myself, not about you, and that's not fair!"

"You're not a jerk, Louis," I frowned. "You never have been one."

"Nick kissed me."

I froze, and it felt like a car had just run into me. My heart stopped beating and my stomach dropped. Nick kissed him? He kissed my Louis? Their lips touched, their...

"What?" I choked, and I felt like I couldn't breathe.

"He kissed me, but, but I didn't kiss back! I didn't, I didn't," he trailed off, as if at a loss for words.

"Yet you are now best friends." I was still talking, but I didn't know how. The image of Nick kissing Louis was stuck in my head.

I thought I would be the only one to kiss him.

"Well, I yelled at him about it, and he, he cried! He cried, and I didn't know what to do because I felt bad, and so then he asked me if we could be friends, and I said yes. And now he's asking me to hang out all the time! And I didn't want to tell you because you would get mad." Louis bit his lip, staring at the ceiling.

"You know, we used to tell each other everything. So why would you think I would rather you lie to me then tell me?"

"I don't know," Louis whimpered.

"How about you give me a real answer for once!" I rose my voice, sitting up on the floor and glaring at Louis. He looked actually scared and he was cringing into himself.

"Because I knew you would hurt Nick if I told you! And you would get mad at me and break up with me and we wouldn't be best friends even though we said we were best friends forever and-"

"Louis."

"-and I wouldn't get to kiss you all the time and tell you I love you because I really do I love you I love you so much Harry like I love you more than breathing really-"

"Louis."

"-And I would never purposefully hurt you, you know I wouldn't, it's just Nick just well we were doing our project for math and then he just grabbed my hand and leaned in and-"

"Louis!"

Louis froze, his mouth still open, mid-rambling.

"Yeah?" he asked quietly.

When I didn't say anything, he continued. "And he kissed me and I swear I felt nothing no fireworks and he doesn't have really soft curls like you that I can touch and he doesn't smell like apples like you and he hasn't been my best friend for forever and-"

I rolled my eyes, because from the first sentence I had forgiven him.

I just needed to understand.

So as he continued to blabber on, I placed both my hands on his cheeks and pulled his face close to mine, and our noses touched and it felt really nice. Louis' words didn't stop but his tone lowered to a whisper.

"And he doesn't have sparkling green eyes and he doesn't have perfect teeth and-"

Louis sighed into my mouth as I kissed him. I kissed him so hard that everything around us seemed to disappear for a moment.

Except for the fireworks, the fireworks that Louis had mentioned, but a million words could not describe what kissing Louis felt like. It was like floating on air, like jumping in a freezing cold pool on a hot summer day, like riding a rollercoaster and dancing in the rain, like flying.

"Who's Nick?" Louis breathed against my lips, and I tugged his small body closer to me.

"Who's Nick?" I echoed back, and then I pulled away and rested my head on Louis', and his breaths were tickling my lips, and it felt perfect.

***

Okay, so I had writers block when I wrote this, so sorry about it's HORRIBLENESS. (Is that a word?) My sister made me write it, she was begging me to because apparently there was a cliffhanger last chapter.

Vote and comment!

-Kayla x