Sixth Grade

Okay, in this chapter, Harry's not going to be as close to his mum, put that's what sixth graders are like. Keep in mind I do tons of research before each of these chapters to see the characteristics of each year, and I try my best to show it.

Enjoy! :)

***

Harry's POV

Girls.

They were bugging me.

It seemed as if every single second of the day I was recieving a note or text saying, "Who do you like?" I didn't have the energy to answer their questions, because the answer would probably be a paragraph long.

I was a bit confused with myself, actually. It seemed just like in third grade, where everyone seemed to like each other and they were all dating. But this time it was more serious, and I felt so left out. I looked and looked, at every single one of the girls in my class, and felt nothing.

Was it wrong that I didn't even want to date any of them?

I just shrugged it off, even though deep down I knew something was wrong. I looked it up, and it said that most boys my age were taking a interest in girls.

I didn't tell Louis any of this, and the guilt was killing me. Me and Louis literally told each other everything. There wasn't one secret or embarrassing moment that he didn't know. I mean, we even had our first boners together.

That moment still replayed in my head over and over, and every time I couldn't help but giggle hysterically and remind Louis, and he would laugh along just as hard.

It was the summer after fifth grade where I had a growth spurt and every, part, of my body seemed to grow, and then I was going through the word every kid dreaded.

Puberty.

The conversation with my mum was possibly more awkward then me and Louis' moment in the movie theater, as she told me about the boring stuff, like more sweating under my arms, and how I probably would go to sleep later. She also said that my shoulders would later get broader and my voice deeper, which I wasn't looking forward to.

But then she moved on to the subject that made me blush and squirm. She said that I would be getting random erections in the middle of the day, whether I wanted to or not. Just as she was giving me more advice for that- she must've done a lot of research- I ran up to my room and slammed the door shut, giggling hysterically.

You couldn't blame me for calling my best friend and going over the whole conversation with him.

Anyway, as we were all growing, all the boys were dating girls, and some girls were asking me out. Louis seemed to be there every time it happened, but it wasn't a surprise. We were still as close as ever, despite the fact that I refrained to tell him my disinterest in girls. I wasn't foreign to the concept of being gay; Ernest was gay and I had witnessed too much to not know what it is.

But I was afraid that I might be. My mum told me about 2 years ago that it didn't matter to her who I liked, so I wasn't worried about being unaccepted. And I had never had anything against gay people, and in fact liked them quite a lot.

There had been times where I'd seen boys on TV that were quite good looking, and I could feel my heart beating faster and my palms sweating like they did when I was nervous or excited.

So I was pretty sure that I was gay. The only problem, would be Louis.

Who knew? My best friend could be the only issue when determining my viewpoint of my sexuality.