Eighth Grade -Part One

I love you guys so much. I've personally talked to most of you, and it's mind-blowing how many amazing people I've refrained to meet before this!

I love you.

Do you guys want me to do Louis' POV? If you do, place a comment on this paragraph so I can see how many it gets. I can't really decide.

Enjoy x

***

Harry's POV

I didn't expect to be shaking and crying on Saturday night, clutching a pillow to my chest as I curled into a ball on my bed.

But nobody told me there would be a huge thunderstorm.

I flinched as another boom of thunder shook the house and rattled my ear drums.

"Hurry up!" I called to Louis, who was in the bathroom right across from my room.

"I'm peeing!" He whined, making me smile slightly as a few stay tears trickled down my face.

He finally came back and I felt even more pathetic. I was 14 and I should be acting like it. Usually, I wasn't like this. But when it came to thunderstorms, it felt like I was five again.

"I'm scared," I whispered, and Louis came to lay next to me on the bed. I was shaking as he pulled the pillow from my grasp and gently uncurled me from the ball, before cuddling into my chest.

"You're okay Harry," Louis soothed, pressing his forehead against mine and looking into my eyes. I felt my breath catch as I looked at the ocean blue, dim in the dark room. The only thing on was my bedside lamp, reflecting in the window against the black sky.

But for once, I wasn't focused on that. I suddenly felt breathless as Louis kept his forehead pressed to mine, his warm breath tickling my lips. I smiled softly and he smiled back, and it wasn't awkward. In my whole entire life I'd never been able to make eye contact that long because I was nervous, self-conscious.

But with Louis, I could do it forever.

And for once, I didn't ignore it, that feeling. I could practically feel my heart pounding in my chest the butterflies in my stomach fluttering.

I just welcomed it, wrapping my arms around Louis and burying my face in his neck, breathing in his smell deeply and holding him to me as tight as I could.

And while I sat there, hugging Louis as he let out steady breaths, I realized he fell asleep. It was 10:00, but I couldn't sleep. There was still booming thunder in the background, but it didn't seem so loud anymore, muffled by the loud rain pouring against the window. I adjusted the blanket over me and Louis, careful not to wake him up, before clutching even tighter to him and letting my mind wander aimlessly.

I was beginning to question myself, the motto stuck in my mind.

He's my best friend, that's all.

Was it normal that my knees would shake and my arm would tingle every time Louis touched me?

Or that I was always smiling and sometimes just listening to his voice?

I ignored my own mind's protests as I thought more about the boy I was practically holding right now.

"I love you," I muttered out, surprising myself as I immediately buried my face into his shoulder. I was blushing, even though he couldn't hear me.

I think I have a crush on Louis.

Suddenly I was very aware of the warmth surrounding me, of Louis' sweet smell filling my nostrils with every breath.