Seventh Grade -Part Two

Don't hate me for this chapter.

Credits to the beautiful @GingerPye for this idea.

***

Harry's POV

The rest of the school day went by unbearably slow as I recieved many curious and weird glances, and the worst part was Louis wasn't by my side. His schedule was completely different than mine besides that class, and it was horrible. I needed him, or I was going to fall apart.

But the thing was, I wasn't that angry at Nick. Yeah, he announced to the world that I was gay, but it was relieving. I wasn't hiding anymore. And for once, I believed he was actually curious, not trying to hurt my feelings.

Louis and I had always hated Nick, but I didn't understand why. Sure, he was mean to us a couple of times, but we absolutely loathed him. I think it's because we needed somebody to loathe.

So when Nick came up to me after school on the way to the buses to go home, I didn't yell at him. I just fell into step beside him as he gave a long apology speech, which caught me completely off guard.

"Harry, I'm so sorry," he rushed, his shoulder brushing mine and making me flinch.

"Okay," I mumbled, staring at the my feet as we neared the buses.

"No really, I am. Actually... I kinda wanted to ask you something." I was trying to listen to him, but at the same time, looking at every face in search for my best friend.

"Yeah?" I looked up and immediately made eye contact with Nick. He gave me a soft smile, and I would be lying if I said that my breath didn't catch.

"I uhm.. oh god this is hard," Nick sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"I like you a lot, okay? That's kinda why I've been mean to you.. if that makes sense." I widened my eyes and blushed, staring at the ground as my heart beated painfully in my chest.

"And... well will you go out with me?" His words were rushed and clumped together, but I still heard them. Every. Single. One.

"W-What?" I choked, looking at my bus that was only a few steps away as Nick placed both his hands on my arms and made me stand still.

"Will you go out with me?" His eyes were worried, yet hopeful as he awaited my answer.

My answer was not based on how much I liked him, or the fact that I even wanted to be his boyfriend.

It was the fact that I could finally experiment, see what it was like.

Another reason was the torn look in Nick's eyes when I looked away.

"I-I guess," I stuttered, and I could practically taste the regret on my tongue as I spoke the words.

His mouth turned into a huge smile and he grabbed for my hand. Instinctively, I pulled away.

Nick may be my boyfriend, but holding hands was too weird.

Unless it was with Louis.

Hurt flashed in Nick's eyes, but I ignored it and ran up the steps. For some reason, I felt like I was about to cry. I strided towards Louis and I's usual seat, plopping in the seat with a loud sigh.

"What?" I asked as I saw Louis gawking at me. Literally. His mouth was open and his eyes were wide.

"What just happened there?" He spluttered, touching our knees together. I almost smiled, because just listening to Louis' voice was so much more fun than hearing Nick drabble on his little words.