College (Freshman Year) -Part One

Harry's POV

"Harry! Bring me the box labeled 'personal'!" 

I tripped over my own feet as I heard Louis' voice yelling at me. Our new flat was still unbelievably cluttered after three weeks of living in it.

"Personal, personal, personal," I muttered to myself as I ran my eyes over all the boxes laying around the floor. Then I lifted my head and looked into the bedroom, where Louis was laying, phone in hand. "First of all, what is in this box, and second, why aren't you helping?"

Louis looked up from his phone, a smirk on his face. "I wanted you to get it for me."

"Lazy bum," I mumbled, rolling my eyes fondly. 

I finally came across the box, a very large one at that.

"Is this it?" I called, holding the box in the air.

Louis squinted his eyes. "I don't have my glasses," he whined. "Bring it closer."

I sighed and grudgingly carried it over to him, where he could see. 

"Yep. That's it."

I was grateful when he leaned over and helped me place it on his twin sized bed. 

It still bothered me that we were in separate beds. Our mums insisted. It didn't make much sense though, as we always slept in the same bed during high school.

Well, then again, we were going to be alone now.

I smiled every time I thought of it. Me and Louis alone in our own apartment. Louis was still begging me to get a cat, and I wanted one too, but they weren't allowed in the flat.

I watched intently as Louis opened the box, and he looked at me suspiciously.

"Did I say you could look in here?" he teased, a smile playing on his lips.

"No, but I did," I replied sarcastically.

Louis rolled his eyes and I craned my neck when the flaps were finally all open.

The box was filled with notes and pictures and papers, leaving me to wonder what exactly was on each of them.

"What's this?" I asked excitedly, reaching in to pull out a plastic bag filled with just one note, delicately folded although it looked as though it was already crumpled up a million times.

"Oh. That note," Louis looked at the plastic bag knowingly, before meeting my eyes. "That's the note."

I looked at him questioningly as I pulled apart the bag and reached in.

The paper was soft and wrinkly against my large fingers, as if it years old. I gently unwrapped it and squinted my eyes so I could read the faded, scratchy handwriting.

You like her, don't you.

Course not. I'm gay, idiot.

I gasped, leaning closer to re-read the words over and over again.

"This is the note.." I began.

"Where everybody found out you were gay," Louis finished, reaching out to uncurl my fingers, which were wrapped tightly around the small piece of paper.

"I didn't know you kept this," I breathed, holding the paper to my heart and letting myself smile. But then I quickly frowned when I remembered the story behind it. "Nick was the reason this note got out," I gulped, staring at Louis.

"Yeah. That was really mean of him to do," Louis replied.

Nick was a rough subject. Every time one of us brought him up, things would be all tense, and I didn't like it. So we both tended to avoid him completely.