12th Grade (Senior) -Part Three

Harry's POV

After prom, everything was going perfect. Louis, Liam, and I finally all got together and sent in our college applications, and with Louis' straight A's and my almost-as-good grades, I was hopeful.

Niall, still single, seemed to be as happy as could be, and every time Louis so much as said one joke, he would laugh like it was the funniest thing in the world.

I didn't mind. I liked watching the pride and satisfaction in Louis' eyes when people laughed at his jokes. But the thing that made me glad was that when I praised him, his whole face would light up and his eyes would sparkle.

Liam and Danielle were in honeymoon stage, which meant they only focused on each other and said cheesy remarks I thought only I would say. It was quite cute, actually.

Even Zayn had begun to stop the constant flirting, although I could catch him staring at my best friend sometimes. It made something in my heart burn, but I bit my tongue. Zayn, although frustrating, was my friend, and he actually was really a cool guy. He was part of our group, and it was going to stay that way.

Today, the boys were coming over to my house to sleepover, which required much preparation. Louis had insisted on helping, and I couldn't help but grin as he came stumbling in the front door with a large box of Mountain Dew and a huge stack of movies.

"Louis, do you think we can watch all of those?"

He just laughed, and I ran over to him, giggling as he let the pile of movies slide into my hands.

"This is gonna be fun," I murmured, placing the movies on the table and plopping down on the couch. Louis bit his lip, dropping the box of drinks of the floor before hesitantly walking over to me.

"I have to tell you something." I raised an eyebrow, trying to ignore the tremor in my heart.

"Yeah?"

"Nick, uhm, he's coming."

My eyes widened, and I shot up off the couch. "What're you talking about! I didn't invite him! This is my house!" I childishly stomped my foot, sticking out my bottom lip.

"Har-"

"He's not coming."

Louis frowned at me, walking towards me and gently placing his hand on my arm. "It's okay, Harry. Nick actually seems nic-"

"Stop!" I screeched, pulling his arm off of me. "Please don't tell me you're actually becoming friends with him. First of all, he's always been a jerk to you. And when Zayn was in the bathroom with you, he encouraged it!" I felt my stomach hurt just thinking about Zayn and Louis again, and I tried my best to block it out.

"Well-"

"Louis no." I bit my lip, turning away from him.

"Will you stop interrupting me?" He huffed, and I could practically see him crossing his arms, although I wasn't looking at him.

And then I heard a buzz from behind me. I whipped around, narrowing my eyes as Louis pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"Who is that?" I asked quietly, stepping closer to him.

Louis blinked a bit before looking up from the screen. "Why are you acting all suspicious? Please don't tell me what I said about Nick is causing you not to trust me." I continued to stare at the phone in his hand, and Louis groaned, obviously exasperated.

"Harry. You're being ridiculous. It's just-"

"Shut up."

If looks could kill, I would be dead.

And no, Louis wasn't looking at me angrily. In fact, it was the opposite. His bottom lip was trembling as he stared at me, hurt clear in his ocean blue eyes. And right when I opened my mouth to apologize, because I did not want him to shut up, it just came out, he just whispered, "Stop."

My throat seemed to be constricted with tears as Louis stalked out of the living room and threw open the door, and I flinched as it slammed shut behind him.

I must've been standing there for ten minutes when I heard a loud knock on the door.

"Come in," I whispered, and my voice cracked on the tears that still hadn't managed to slip past my eyes.

Whoever it was didn't seem to hear me, as the knocking continued.

"Come in!" I groaned, rolling my eyes. The fact that Louis was mad at me put me in a bad mood, but I couldn't find the guts to go after him and apologise again.

The door swung open to reveal Nick. By himself, with his hands tucked in his pockets and a huge quiff on his head. Things seemed to keep going bad.

"Nick, why did you come here if I didn't invite you?" I asked quietly, and he frowned.

"Zayn said you wanted me to come. And Louis was the one who invited me, so I thought that it would be okay with you too."

My breath caught painfully in my chest. Louis had invited him.

"Can you leave?" I knew I sounded rude, but I just really wanted to be alone.

Nick opened his mouth to speak when Niall, Liam, and Zayn appeared in the doorway behind him, all laughing and holding a box of pizza.

"Where's Louis?" Niall asked as he strode into the living room, throwing the pizza on the table and swinging open the lid.

"He's.. busy." I bit my lip and picked at my fingernails. I could imagine Louis, in his room, probably crying.

Or maybe he didn't care that much. Maybe he was re-reading his texts with Nick.

Just the thought made my stomach churn.

"Harry? You okay there mate? You seem a bit dazed."

I shook my head, putting on a fake smile and sitting down on my couch. The pizza was already half gone, and it looked to taste good, but I couldn't eat anything.

"Ooh, Liam, look at all these movies! Are these yours, Harry? You have a good taste!"

That was about all I could take. Louis was the only thing on my mind, even though Nick's hand was now on my shoulder, rubbing gently.

"What're you doing?" I mumbled.

"I can tell your stressed," he smiled sympathetically, and I tried to burn a hole in his hand with my eyes.

"No, I'm not. Please stop touching me."

Zayn seemed to agree with me, as he was giving me a death stare, even though it wasn't my fault.

I was distracted when Nick's text tone came off.

"One second," Nick grinned, slipping his phone out of his pocket.

I walked away, but I still could see his messages.

It was from Louis.

From: Louis

Hey Nick, I really need someone right now. Are you at Harrys? If not, can you come over?

***

This chapter makes me mad too, don't worry.

-Kayla x